Backup failed

Post by David Dar-Woei Le » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 09:43:46

Dear all,

The backup job that I scheduled using the database backup
wizard keep getting the following error:

[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 15243:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The
option 'single' cannot be changed for the master database.
[1] Database master: Check Data and Index Linkage...

    ** Execution Time: 0 hrs, 0 mins, 1 secs **

I know this must be cause by the parameter not set
properly. But I have no idea how fix it. Can anyone help?

Thanks, David.

Backup failed

Post by martin crof » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 12:31:04

have you tried running

DBCC CHECKDB

against the master database?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Dear all,

>The backup job that I scheduled using the database backup
>wizard keep getting the following error:

>[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 15243:
>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The
>option 'single' cannot be changed for the master database.
>[1] Database master: Check Data and Index Linkage...

>    ** Execution Time: 0 hrs, 0 mins, 1 secs **

>I know this must be cause by the parameter not set
>properly. But I have no idea how fix it. Can anyone help?

>Thanks, David.
>.

Backup failed

Post by Tibor Karasz » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 12:42:24

You probably have set "fix minor problems" in your maint jobs. I suggest removing that, bad idea
in the first place.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> Dear all,

> The backup job that I scheduled using the database backup
> wizard keep getting the following error:

> [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 15243:
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The
> option 'single' cannot be changed for the master database.
> [1] Database master: Check Data and Index Linkage...

>     ** Execution Time: 0 hrs, 0 mins, 1 secs **

> I know this must be cause by the parameter not set
> properly. But I have no idea how fix it. Can anyone help?

> Thanks, David.

1. Backups: Large full backups fail

I have two SQL 7.0, and I'm doing a SQL backup from one server to another.
All backups work fine, except for when I backup a large file (6 GB). It
gives me  a
severity error and cancels out of it. It never does the backup.

I had checked the NBT traffic while that particular backup is going on, and
it's 100%.

I'm wondering if it's possible that I'm overloading the network card with
this 6GB file.

Has anybody experienced this before?

Thanks,
PP

2. Wanted: Programers for a CopyLefted SQL/4GL :-)

3. sybase backup server does not start and backup fails

4. Problem with triggers

5. Backup fails when backup to netword

6. Newbie Qn - Help with joins required

7. Transaction Backup Fails because of Nonlogged Updates have been run

8. Log Backups Failing

9. calculated column cause backup fail

10. backup failed

11. ARCServer SQL Server 6.5 Backups failed

12. Backup Failed - The medium on device ... expires