Enterprise Manager "catastrophic failure" message

Enterprise Manager "catastrophic failure" message

Post by joshvawe » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:05:58

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?  I am having the same
issue but only on one client running enterprise manager.  I have even
gone so far as to completely uninstall and reinstall.  If anyone has any
info, please reply or send me an email at

Originally posted by Dave

Quote:> I can find no reference to this error anywhere!

> When I try to access any table using Enterprise manager ON THE SERVER
> with an "Open
> Table > return all rows" I first get the message "Unspecified error"
> (nothing else),
> if I try the same again (refresh "!") I get "Catastrophic failure"

> I can access the data through the SQL Query Analyser on the server or
> Enterprise
> Manager installed on a client machine and get back the data required.

> This is a SQL Server 2000 database (Std Edition) that I have just set
> up on a new
> server running Windows 2000.

> I tried the service pack (2) as I thought something may have gone
> wrong with the
> install and that this might correct it - still the same.

> I don't want to continue updating the database if someone is going to
> tell me I have

to re-install SQL Server or even Windows 2000

Enterprise Manager "catastrophic failure" message

Post by Dinesh.T.K » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:24:49

Hi,

Try a MDAC reinstall from www.microsoft.com/data

Dinesh, SQL Server MVP
SQL Server FAQ at
http://www.tkdinesh.com

> Did you ever figure out what the problem was?  I am having the same
> issue but only on one client running enterprise manager.  I have even
> gone so far as to completely uninstall and reinstall.  If anyone has any
> info, please reply or send me an email at

> Originally posted by Dave
> > I can find no reference to this error anywhere!

> > When I try to access any table using Enterprise manager ON THE SERVER
> > with an "Open
> > Table > return all rows" I first get the message "Unspecified error"
> > (nothing else),
> > if I try the same again (refresh "!") I get "Catastrophic failure"

> > I can access the data through the SQL Query Analyser on the server or
> > Enterprise
> > Manager installed on a client machine and get back the data required.

> > This is a SQL Server 2000 database (Std Edition) that I have just set
> > up on a new
> > server running Windows 2000.

> > I tried the service pack (2) as I thought something may have gone
> > wrong with the
> > install and that this might correct it - still the same.

> > I don't want to continue updating the database if someone is going to
> > tell me I have
> to re-install SQL Server or even Windows 2000

> --

1. Enterprise Manager "catastrophic failure" message

I can find no reference to this error anywhere!

When I try to access any table using Enterprise manager ON
THE SERVER with an "Open Table > return all rows" I first
get the message "Unspecified error" (nothing else), if I
try the same again (refresh "!") I get "Catastrophic
failure"

I can access the data through the SQL Query Analyser on
the server or Enterprise Manager installed on a client
machine and get back the data required.

This is a SQL Server 2000 database (Std Edition) that I
have just set up on a new server running Windows 2000.

I tried the service pack (2) as I thought something may
have gone wrong with the install and that this might
correct it - still the same.

I don't want to continue updating the database if someone
is going to tell me I have to re-install SQL Server or
even Windows 2000

2. access 2000

3. 8000FFFF "Catastrophic failure" Message

4. FROM LEARNING PROBLEMS TO FAMILY CRISES.

5. "Catastrophic Failure" error 65535

6. How to Select a Related Layout using a Script?

7. Enterprise Manager "Error"

8. Oracle DBA position available in UK

9. "Unknown error " with SQL Enterprise Manager

10. "suspect" tags in SQL Enterprise Manager

11. Irritating "feature" of Enterprise Manager

12. Reinstall "Enterprise manager"?????

13. Enterprise Manager "Open Table" frustration