Error 7031 from Service Control Manager

Post by Gary Billin » Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:15:10

This message is from the system event viewer on a SQL
Server version 7.00.842 with Standard Edition on Windows
NT 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 2)

The SQLServerAgent service terminated unexpectedly.  It
has done this 2 time(s).  The following corrective action
will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action.

Any ideas to track down this problem?
thanks

Gary

Error 7031 from Service Control Manager

Post by linda deng[M » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 07:19:30

Hi Gary,

Since the SQLServerAgent service terminated unexpectedly, you probably can
find more error messages in sqlagent.out file.

It seems that this problem matches the one described in KB article Q302892.
If a job does notify an operator with multiple email addresses, the problem
can be caused. Please change the operator to specify only one email address
and try again. For more information, please refer to
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q302892.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Linda Deng
Microsoft Support Engineer

Error 7031 from Service Control Manager

Post by Gary BIllin » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 13:48:58

Hello,

There were no messages in the SQLAgent log near the time
of the service termination.
The nearest message 7/25/2002 9:48:10 AM - + [000] Request

User DOMAIN-A\gbillins) refused because the job is not
currently running
appeared 2 hours before service termination.

Only notification Job parameter used is:
Write to application log on job failure

Thanks
Gary

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Gary,

>Since the SQLServerAgent service terminated unexpectedly,
you probably can
>find more error messages in sqlagent.out file.

>It seems that this problem matches the one described in

KB article Q302892.
Quote:>If a job does notify an operator with multiple email

addresses, the problem
Quote:>can be caused. Please change the operator to specify only
one email address
>and try again. For more information, please refer to
us;Q302892.

>If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate
to contact me.

>Sincerely,

>Linda Deng
>Microsoft Support Engineer

confers no rights.

>.

Error 7031 from Service Control Manager

Post by linda deng[M » Fri, 02 Aug 2002 09:54:54

Hi Gary,

Per your previous post, you only use one notification parameter in the job.
What does the job do? Can you execute the command defined in the job
through the Query Analyzer? Does the job can run successfully if you
execute it manually? Please check the error log and find more error
messages. Can you re-start the SQLAgent Service after the error? What is
the startup account? Is it the domain account or the local account?

Please utilize SQLDiag utility to gather the diagnostic information. For
more information, please refer to Microsoft SQL Server Books Online with
keyword 'sqldiag'.

Sincerely,

Linda Deng
Microsoft Support Engineer

1. Event ID 7031: MS Olap Service Terminated Unexpectedly

Any ideas on how to repair this service would be greatly
appreciated. The service just keeps failing and then
restarting. Thank you in advance.

Current Config: Windows 2000 Advanced, SP3, ALL Updates,
SQL SP3 Applied to both Analysis and SQL.

System Event:
The MSSQLServerOLAPService service terminated
unexpectedly.  It has done this 203 time(s).  The
following corrective action will be taken in 0
milliseconds: No action.
Application Event 117:
Unexpected fatal error occurred.  Attempting to restart
server.

2. How? Creating ORACLE Users through VB/ODBC

3. sql service terminated with event ID 7031

4. Q: CODEBOOK 2.6 and Control Panel

5. Errors in Service Manager and Enterprise Manager after installing Service Pack 3

6. Data Control, ODBC, SQL Server Question

7. Event 7031 "MSSQLSERVER"

8. transforming row to columns ....

9. Cannot install SQL Server, Service Control Manager error

10. Event 7031 "MSSQLSERVER"

11. Service Control Manager error

12. Service Control Manager Error

13. Service control manager error occured #SCM3-1057