how to create .sql file?

Post by ToMm » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 19:34:14

I have 2 sql7.0 servers.
One to test here in the office and another at our provider.

Is it possible to copy the database form the test to the other one?
Now i log in to the second server by vnc and work in enterprise manager.

I received a while ago an *.sql file to make a database. Can i make this
file in enterprise manager somewhere? So i only have to execute the file and
the database is ok?

Or can i log in to the second server through the enterprise manager of the
test server?
but the second one is behind a firewall...

Tom

how to create .sql file?

Post by Glen J Ferg » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 02:09:27

Try this --

Right-click the table, select 'All Tasks', and then 'Generate SQL Script.'

On the destination server, manually create the database and then run your
SQL Script inside SQL Query Analyzer.

Good luck!!  :-)

Quote:> I have 2 sql7.0 servers.