Problem getting mail with SQL Mail

Post by Peter Andersso » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have very large problems getting receiving (right) mail with SQL Mail.

I can see and receive mail from Outlook Express, in the inbox on the
server where SQL Server 7.0 is installed.
But SQL Mail receives another mail (a dummy mail from Outlook Developer
Team), when I try to get mail from the post office with xp_receivemail.
I am logged in with Administrator. SQL Server and SQL Mail are started
with account Administrator. I have set up an e-mail account named
Administrator.
What is wrong? Please, help me someone!

On the server I have installed IE 5.0, Service Pack 5 and SQL Server 7.0
with Service Pack 1.

Best regards
Peter Andersson

Problem getting mail with SQL Mail

Post by Peter Andersso » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I think I've solved the problem.
After I have installed Service Pack 6 for Windows NT 4.0 it works!
I hope that this was IT that solved the problem, so it doesn't 'pop' up
again.
/Peter

1. Problem in Setting SQL Mail / SQL Agent Mail

Hii there,

Am using Windows 2000 Server, SQL Server 2000, Outlook 2000 client.

SQLSERVERAGENT & MSSQLSERVER are running under domain account sql.
I successfully setup an mail account for sql from which i can send & recieve
mails..

But I am unable to setup SQL Mail & SQL Server Agent Mail and am totally
confused...............
Any help??

Thanks & Regards,
Pradeep Kumar

---

This email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended
recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify us immediately by return email and
then erase the email.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses
or similar in any attachment or message...,..,..,.

2. WIN A NEWTON, AN HP PALMTOP OR OFFICE 4.0 - JUST FILL OUT A SURVEY

3. MAPI Spooler problem using mail using SQL Mail

4. Memory loss with JDBC and PreparedStatements

5. Problem wtih DTS Task for Send Mail and SQL Mail

6. Insert image file in a table with an image type

7. SQL MAIL problem getting attachments

8. Transformation Help

9. having problems getting Lotus Notes to work with SQL Mail

10. Problem Getting SQL Mail Service To Work

11. Mail, mail, mail...??

12. SQL server 7 agent mail / SQL mail setup questions

13. SQL Mail vs SQL Agent Mail