ASP Script using SQLOLEDB provider Question....

ASP Script using SQLOLEDB provider Question....

Post by Noah Wollowic » Sat, 03 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello. Any help with the following issue would be appreciated!

We are using sql server 6.5 with a msdasql ODBC provider. This provider
does not support the 'Recordset.AbsolutePage' method that we require to
scroll through 10 records at a time (at least, it does not seem to when we
try it!). Is there another provider (i.e. something called SQLOLEDB) that
we can use that will support this? How do we get a hold of it if there is?
We have seen this provider referred to in examples, but are not sure how
to get it.

Thanks in advance!
noah wollowick

1. OpenQuery using OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB'

Hi,

I'm trying to populate data in one SQL Server db (TARGET)
using data from another SQL Server (SOURCE).  In the
TARGET server I set up SOURCE server as a linked server, I
have DTC service running.

Here is the code I'm trying to execute (it worked once,
then does work the rest of the time, I'm sure there is no
syntax error):

-- specify database name in TARGET db
Use Guardian

-- declare and set value for variables

-- begin populating reference tables
BEGIN TRANSACTION
print 'working with ApplicationClass table'
-- insert new reference data from BOI1160
INSERT INTO dbo.ApplicationClass
(ApplicationClassID, ApplicationClassName,
ApplicationClassDescription, ActiveFlag)
SELECT ApplicationClassID, ApplicationClassName,

FROM OPENQUERY(BOI1160, 'select * from
Guardian.dbo.ApplicationClass')
-- commit transaction
COMMIT

Here is the error I kept getting:
Server: Msg 7391, Level 16, State 1, Line 33
The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB
provider 'SQLOLEDB' was unable to begin a distributed
transaction.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: New transaction cannot
enlist in the specified transaction coordinator. ]
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB'
ITransactionJoin::JoinTransaction returned 0x8004d00a].

I tried shutting down the DTC service, TARGET server,
deleting then adding the linked server, etc, with no
luck.  This worked once yesterday, then refused to work
afterwards.

Please help....

2. OCI timeout question

3. Can't retrieve temp table rows using SQLOLEDB provider

4. Limit Network Interfaces?

5. Can't connect using OleDB provider SQLOLEDB

6. Is Outlook Running?

7. streaming result sets to disk using the SQLOLEDB provider

8. multi-language on database

9. SQLOLEDB subset using OLE DB Provider template

10. Only sa Connects using SQLOLEDB provider

11. SQLOLEDB error using ASP and SQL 7

12. SQLOLEDB provider in SQL 7

13. How use Provider=SQLOLEDB ???