SQL 7 - IIS ASP IUSR connection problems....

SQL 7 - IIS ASP IUSR connection problems....

Post by stev » Sun, 12 Aug 2001 00:19:08

having trouble getting my SQL 7 database to talk with my
software thru IIS...  any suggestions??

I think that the IUSR is the problem.  How do you gett he
ISUR to appear in theSQL list of users for the database.
Does not seem to work if the user is added manually with a
login name, login name should read as <none>.

Thanks,

Steve.
.

SQL 7 - IIS ASP IUSR connection problems....

Post by Dinesh.T.K » Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:18:38

Steve,

Try

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q247/9/31.asp

Dinesh.

1. SQL, IIS, and Local IUSR Account

I am unable to accomplish the following. Can anyone help or point me to a
reference.

Five server domain with PDC and BDC.
SQL installed on non-PDC/BDC machine used for SQL only.
IIS 4.0 installed on another non-PDC/BDC machine used for web server only.

IIS creates a local IUSR account. Because it is a local machine account, I
cannot add it to a NT domain local or global group. Therefore, I cannot add
the IUSR account to the list of MSSQL users or set it up in the ODBC
connection from the web server to the sql server. I have tried many
scenarios with no success.

Can anyone help?

2. PSQL Query, CONVERT, and length of Query questions....

3. ASP / IIS "Trusted Connection" problem

4. Books

5. ASP / IIS problem with Trusted Connection

6. Take ownership of a table

7. OIP-04148 problem with IIS/ASP and oo4o: connections not returned to pool

8. Insert Challenge

9. IIS/ASP/Progress 9.1B Client Connection Pooling Problems

10. Trusted connections to SQL Server using IIS + ASP

11. connection from ASP (IIS, win2k) to SQL 2K via URL

12. sql 2000 iis 5 ado database connection problem -- connections slow