Data not visible using ODBC

Post by Paul Scot » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 02:09:59

Hi,

I have SQL linked to Access using ODBC.  Twice today, on
different tables, when opening, partial columns or whole
columns of data are not visible, just nulls.  Any query
against these columns produces nulls, if I attempt to type
in them I get a msg stating that the data has been
modified by someone else and do I want to drop the changes
etc. (No other users use this db)  In Enterprise Manager
or Query Analyzer the data is there and appears to be fine.

Deleting the DSN and recreating it fixes problem as does
dropping the table in SQL and recreating & populating.

I have SP2 for windows 2000, SQL 2000 and MDAC 6.5. Data
is fine if viewed in an Access Data Project.

Any ideas as to why this is happening with ODBC.

Thanks
Paul

1. picture visible / not visible

Hello,

i have a form, generated by the wizard, with standard navigation buttonset.
Which method is triggerd, if the user click on next, prev etc, means a new
record is displayed in the form. Depending on a boolean value in the record
 i want to display a a picture or not. Like

if bBoolValue = = .t.
    thisform.mypicture.visible = .t.
endif

I tried the on paint method of the form, but this give me various problems
After a hour i did it with putting the code on every button, but i guess
there must be a better method.

Thanks in advance

frank

2. 100% JAVA web based training development tool, authoring tool now available

3. ODBC System DSNs not visible on workstation

4. getting data out of system tablespace

5. SQL Database not visible from ODBC Administrator

6. GetDate() returns wrong date with 6.0

7. ODBC system DSN not visible after creation

8. Merge replication across firewalls

9. Intersolv Oracle 7 ODBC driver not visible in BDE

10. Views Created Using ADOX Are Not Visible in Access 2000

11. Data not visible and then appears...

12. Data changed not visible to the very next SQL statement

13. Newly added data sources are not visible