SQL 6.5 to 6.5 backup/restore

Post by Jennifer Campio » Sat, 21 Dec 2002 01:48:29

I'm trying to backup and restore a database from a 6.5 server to another 6.5
server.  The restore is not working and I'm thinking it's because the path
is different on the two machines.  On the source server, the .dat file is on
the C:\ drive however I'm trying to restore it on the D: drive of the
destination server.  I know in 7.0 there is a parameter (moveto I think)
that allows you to change the location where the restore should take place.

Am I on the right track here?  If so, what do I need to do to restore the db
on the d drive?  Thanks for any/all help.

Jennifer

SQL 6.5 to 6.5 backup/restore

Post by Jennifer Campio » Sat, 21 Dec 2002 03:29:26

Yep...that was the problem.  Once I got the same drive letters it was good
to go....whoohoo.

Jen

Quote:> I'm trying to backup and restore a database from a 6.5 server to another