merge replication conflict and identity range problem

merge replication conflict and identity range problem

Post by Gregor Rova » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 20:45:07

can anyone tell me, why do i'm getting error, when the conflicts come, that
conflict can not be resolved with the current data, cause identity range is
full. it also says, that i should update identity range with stored
procedure sp_adjustpublisheridentityrange! but this procedure does nothing!
i have defined identity range for all artiles i use with replication, and
also set the to assign new identity range when the 80 percents of values is
used...
how can i maually set the new identity range for specific table?

thanks!

Gregor

merge replication conflict and identity range problem

Post by SQL Server Development Team [MSFT » Sat, 22 Feb 2003 03:33:55

Is the error message at the Publisher or one of the Subscribers. If at the
Publisher, the proc you mentioned should work To get a new range at the
Subscriber, you must run the Merge Agent -- the error you mention is
probably a violation of the check constraint on the table in the
subscription database -- not allowing an insert if you have run out of the
identity range. You cannot manually set the identity range for the table
once auto management is in place. Take a look at the following KB:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322910.

Hope that helps

Michael Blythe
Microsoft

Quote:> can anyone tell me, why do i'm getting error, when the conflicts come,
that
> conflict can not be resolved with the current data, cause identity range
is
> full. it also says, that i should update identity range with stored
> procedure sp_adjustpublisheridentityrange! but this procedure does
nothing!
> i have defined identity range for all artiles i use with replication, and
> also set the to assign new identity range when the 80 percents of values
is
> used...
> how can i maually set the new identity range for specific table?

> thanks!

> Gregor

1. Merge replication with identity value ranges using not for replication option

I am using merge replication and want to partition the data using different
ranges for identitiy columns in combination with the NOT FOR REPLICATION
option.

I have enter these different ranges on the subscriber manually BEFORE I
register these servers as subscribers, as afterwards one is NOT allowed to
make schema changes on tables participating in a merge replication.

So I do all the necessary manual editing on the tables of my prospective
subscriber.

Then, when it comes to register this server as a subscriber, I am not sure
which of the following snaphsot options I should select:

1.) Drop and re-create the existing table
2.) Delete the data in the existing table
3.) Leave the table as it is

1.Question:
Wouldn't I loose all of my schema changes on the tables, if I choose 1?

2.Question:
Wouldn't  I miss the merge replication triggers and guid-columns, which are
normally created during the course of the inital snapshot, if I choose 2 or
3?

Thanks in advance
Erd?l

2. SSPI Context Error after installing Windows 2k SP3

3. merge replication identity conflict madness!!

4. Bingo on dBaseIII???

5. Conflict with Identity column in merge replication

6. Is it possible to get the size of a recordset in bytes ?

7. Identity conflict with Merge replication

8. Add 'outside' table to database

9. Identity range adjustment in Merge Replication

10. Trouble using identity ranges for subscribers of a merge replication

11. Merge replication conflict problem

12. Merge Replication - Conflict problem

13. Merge replication conflict problem