How to create a custom txt file in DTS to migrate data

How to create a custom txt file in DTS to migrate data

Post by Stefan » Tue, 15 May 2001 01:07:01

Hi,
I'm trying to export some data using a batch procedure: every day the batch
must create a txt file (fileDDMMYY.txt with the current day in the name) and
transfer the data in it. I don't have any problem in migrating data to a txt
that already exists but I don't know how to create the file (using my
rules).
If anyone can help me.... I'm quite desperate!!!
Thanx & Regards

Stefano

How to create a custom txt file in DTS to migrate data

Post by BP Margoli » Tue, 15 May 2001 03:44:04

Stefano,

Consider using DTS as a scheduled job. You can surf over to SQL Server MVP
Darren Green's web site for examples of DTS code that might be of assistance
to you: http://www.swynk.com/friends/green/

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

Quote:> Hi,
> I'm trying to export some data using a batch procedure: every day the
batch
> must create a txt file (fileDDMMYY.txt with the current day in the name)
and
> transfer the data in it. I don't have any problem in migrating data to a
txt
> that already exists but I don't know how to create the file (using my
> rules).
> If anyone can help me.... I'm quite desperate!!!
> Thanx & Regards

> Stefano

1. How to create a custom txt file in DTS to migrate data

Hi,
I'm trying to export some data using a batch procedure: every day the batch
must create a txt file (fileDDMMYY.txt with the current day in the name) and
transfer the data in it. I don't have any problem in migrating data to a txt
that already exists but I don't know how to create the file (using my
rules).
If anyone can help me.... I'm quite desperate!!!
Thanx & Regards

Stefano

2. Need Database for Publishing A

3. DTS Import Tab Delimited Data From Txt File

4. Optimizer not using indexes after converting database from SQL7 to SQL2000

5. DTS Custom task in C# and threading model of DTS C# custom tasks

6. Using Persisted Recordsets

7. DTS error migrating dts saved to file packages.

8. MD-Rockville-265677--Software Engineer-RDBMS-LAN-Windows NT-Visual Basic-MS ACCE

9. create custom DTS transformation in VC++

10. Creating a DTS Package: Data from table transform it into a text file

11. create custom DTS transformation in VC++