SQL7: restore MSDB without restoring Master?

SQL7: restore MSDB without restoring Master?

Post by Bob Braini » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I get the message 'ODBC SQLState: 42S22Error 207: Invalid Column Name' when
creating a new database maintenance plan. Could this be caused by a
discrepancy between the system databases, Master and MSDB? MSDB was recently
restored from previous installation while Master was left untouched. Is this
OK or should one always rebuild Master when restoring MSDB?

TIA ... Bob Brainin

SQL7: restore MSDB without restoring Master?

Post by Neil Pik » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Bob - shouldn't matter.  Is msdb from a different service-pack level of SQL?
In which case re-apply the SP.  Use SQL Trace/Profiler to see exactly what the
problem query is

Quote:> I get the message 'ODBC SQLState: 42S22Error 207: Invalid Column Name' when
> creating a new database maintenance plan. Could this be caused by a
> discrepancy between the system databases, Master and MSDB? MSDB was recently
> restored from previous installation while Master was left untouched. Is this
> OK or should one always rebuild Master when restoring MSDB?

> TIA ... Bob Brainin

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (406 entries) see

http://forumsb.compuserve.com/vlforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps
 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

SQL7: restore MSDB without restoring Master?

Post by Bob Braini » Sat, 15 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Neil - I'll check it out.  Bob

> Bob - shouldn't matter.  Is msdb from a different service-pack level of
SQL?
> In which case re-apply the SP.  Use SQL Trace/Profiler to see exactly what
the
> problem query is

> > I get the message 'ODBC SQLState: 42S22Error 207: Invalid Column Name'
when
> > creating a new database maintenance plan. Could this be caused by a
> > discrepancy between the system databases, Master and MSDB? MSDB was
recently
> > restored from previous installation while Master was left untouched. Is
this
> > OK or should one always rebuild Master when restoring MSDB?

> > TIA ... Bob Brainin

>  Neil Pike MVP/MCSE.  Protech Computing Ltd
>  (Please reply only to newsgroups)
>  SQL FAQ (406 entries) see

> http://forumsb.compuserve.com/vlforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps
>  or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
>  or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

1. restore master and msdb**

Hi

If I want to restore my DB designed in SQL Server 2000
to another station which contains
SQL Server 2000 too,and I also restore Master amd Msdb
databases to reload all jobs,alerts,operators,logins,...
does previous information(previous definition for existing
jobs,alerts,logins related to destination's databases) of
destination'master and msdb databases miss?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Creating a database device and database from command line

3. Restore of master/msdb to different server...

4. local sql server

5. How to restore database including master, msdb, distributor, to new server

6. PL/SQL code review checklist

7. Master/MSDB Restore?

8. JDBC - How to write to Excel File

9. Restoring master and msdb

10. Restore msdb without backup

11. Error when attemping to restore MSDB (SQL7 SP4)

12. purge backup/restore history in msdb sql7/2000

13. Restore Database Without Original Master???