SQL 2K Changing Sort Order

Post by n. » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:31:20

How do you change the Sort Order of an existing database. I'm under the
impression you can do this in SQL2K, in the same server instance, on a DB by
DB basis.

SQL 2K Changing Sort Order

Post by Anith Se » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:36:29

Check:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/architec/8_ar_da_819v.asp

Also do:

SELECT *
  FROM ::fn_helpcollations()
 WHERE [Name] = SERVERPROPERTY('collation')

or

sp_helpsort

See details about all the above in SQL Server Books Online.

--
- Anith
(Please respond only to newsgroups)

1. SQL 2k Sort Order

Hi everyone.  This is my first post.  I am not a SQL guru
but I am a system admin that has to support it.  My
question is, Can you use the Same SQL server and have two
clients that have different sort orders???

Hopefully this is anough info to get an answer.  I will
check back soon.

Thanks in advance

2. Do you have a Dream? Here is a simple way to realize it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Change sort Order on SQL 6.5 installation when SQL 7 is already installed

4. finding xp_open_file, etc.

5. Changing Code pages and Sort Order / Restoring of table data to change Database

6. Replication From 6.5 to 7.0?

7. Change Sort Order in SQL Server 6.5

8. HTML Output from SP

9. Change sort order in SQL 7.0

10. Change Sort Order in SQL 7.0

11. changing the sort order on SQL Server 7.0

12. HELP - SQL Server Sort Order Change

13. Changing sort-order in SQL 7.0