Error: The database you are attempting to restore was backed up under a differen

Error: The database you are attempting to restore was backed up under a differen

Post by Tibor Karasz » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:54:00

You have to rebuild the installation (rebuildm.exe) so you get the proper sort order etc.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> We are trying to restore the Master, Model Database from

Post by Moise » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:44:52

We are trying to restore the Master, Model Database from
one SQLServer 7.0 to another SQLServer 7.0 with the same
configuration.
But we get first this message:
RESTORE DATABASE must be used in single user mode when
trying to restore the master database
And then we started SQLServer in single user mode but then
we try to restore we get this message:
The database you are attempting to restore was backed up
under a different Unicode locale ID (33280) or Unicode
comparison style (0) than the Unicode locale ID (1033) or
Unicode comparison style (196609) currently running on
this server.
Any help?

Error: The database you are attempting to restore was backed up under a differen

Post by Moise » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:31:48

thanks Tibor,
I will try to rebuild the installation using the
rebuildm.exe
Moises
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>You have to rebuild the installation (rebuildm.exe) so

you get the proper sort order etc.
Quote:

>--
>Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
>Archive at: http://groups.google.com/groups?

oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver

Quote:>> We are trying to restore the Master, Model Database from
>> one SQLServer 7.0 to another SQLServer 7.0 with the same
>> configuration.
>> But we get first this message:
>> RESTORE DATABASE must be used in single user mode when
>> trying to restore the master database
>> And then we started SQLServer in single user mode but
then
>> we try to restore we get this message:
>> The database you are attempting to restore was backed up
>> under a different Unicode locale ID (33280) or Unicode
>> comparison style (0) than the Unicode locale ID (1033)
or
>> Unicode comparison style (196609) currently running on
>> this server.
>> Any help?

>.

1. error ORA-01855: AM/A.M. or PM/P.M. required

Our VB 6 program access Oracle database using MS ODBC for Oracle. The
program is trying to run the following SQL stt:
select DATANOTES_NOTES from DATANOTES where EEI_KEY = 654 and DATANOTES_DATE
= TO_DATE('04/11/2002 11:10:45 AM','MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI:SS AM')

The Time Format and Date Format setting in Control Panel - Regional Setting
are the following:
Time Format: HH:mm:ss
Date Format: dd/MM/yyyy
For example: 11/04/2002 14:10:10 for April 11, 2002 2:10:10 PM

On a machine that uses MS Odbc for Oracle version 2.573.6019.00 I got an
error
[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-01855: AM/A.M. or PM/P.M.
required.
I do not get this error on a machine that uses MS Odbc for Oracle version
2.573.5303.00 or MS Odbc for Oracle version 2.573.7713.00.

Is this a problem with MS Odbc for Oracle version 2.573.6019.00?

Thank you.

2. Download UniVerse for NT

3. Use of @am, Am I dumb?

4. Scheduled Tasks

5. I am getting this message when i am tring to export or import anything using

6. Paradox popularity

7. I am attempting to write a VB/DAO program -- code problem

8. Timeout Expired

9. Busy Day = Slowdown from 12 AM - 5 AM

10. I am attempting to execute a stored procedure as the sql query for a data

11. I am back STOP

12. SQL Server/ASP stop, back to office at 4:00 A.M. again

13. I am back