replication

Post by sandr » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:02:42

In setting up transactional replication I am getting an
error on the Queue Reader.  "The Agent is suspect no
activity within the last 10 minutes"

replication

Post by George Li [MSF » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:12:51

You may safely ignore this message. There is an article at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;285106& which
discusses this behavior, please refer to it for more detailed description
of this behavior.

Best Regards,

George Li

Microsoft

1. Merge replication with identity value ranges using not for replication option

I am using merge replication and want to partition the data using different
ranges for identitiy columns in combination with the NOT FOR REPLICATION
option.

I have enter these different ranges on the subscriber manually BEFORE I
register these servers as subscribers, as afterwards one is NOT allowed to
make schema changes on tables participating in a merge replication.

So I do all the necessary manual editing on the tables of my prospective
subscriber.

Then, when it comes to register this server as a subscriber, I am not sure
which of the following snaphsot options I should select:

1.) Drop and re-create the existing table
2.) Delete the data in the existing table
3.) Leave the table as it is

1.Question:
Wouldn't I loose all of my schema changes on the tables, if I choose 1?

2.Question:
Wouldn't  I miss the merge replication triggers and guid-columns, which are
normally created during the course of the inital snapshot, if I choose 2 or
3?

Thanks in advance
Erd?l

2. Informix DBA Needed!

3. Replication Replication !

4. Urgent: Synonyms in BusinessObjects Designer

5. How to start/stop replication agent for transactional replication via Transact SQL

6. SQL Server Corrupted...

7. Replication - replication truncation point?

8. dbase and XP

9. NEWBIE: SMTP-based replication?/DDL Replication?

10. SQL Server 7, Transactional Replication, How to enumerate pending replication commands in readible format

11. FAQ for replication user interface / Transactional replication issues

12. after replication timeout: update with identical values no replication

13. Merge Replication - Permissions Replication