initdata error 17122 & PAGE_FAULT

Post by Adrian Stanci » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 01:39:19

Hello, how are you out there?

I have two problems (I don't know whether they're related or not)

Configuration :SQL Server 7.0 no SP, running on NT 4.0 Server
RAM : 384Mo

FIRST ONE :
I see this error log in the "Events observer" every time I start sql server:

Source:MSSQLServer
Type:Error
Class:kernel
"17122
initdata : warning : impossible to define the size of the recordset at 388096Ko"

(i am not sure about the word "recordset", because I have this message in French)

SECOND PROBLEM :
I am desperately trying to locate a memory (leak or not) problem  : the old stuff - SQLServer takes all the memory of the system and eventually (after one or more days) a blue screen comes to me with the message
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA ... ... ... -> reboot

Could you explain me what is the 17122 error and could you possibly connect it with the memory problem?

PS : plz don't tell me to run perfmon or stuff like that 'cause that's what I've been doing for the last two weeks !!! Yes, I am certain that there is a leak, and yes I am certain that it is somehow related to sqlserver.

Thank you so much for your ideas,
Adrian Stanciu

1. error 17122 : initdata: Warning: Could not set working set size to 519104 KB.

All,

I am receiving error 17122.  I am probably going to reconfigure the server
to dynamically allocate memory, but can somebody answer the following
question?  Why is SQL Server attempting to set the working set size to
519104KB, when the configuration is as follows (basically, fixed memory at
350MB)?

SQL Server 7.0 SP2
512MB

Set working set size = 1
Min Server Memory = 350MB
Max Server Memory = 350MB

I have searched everywhere, and I have check the SP3 fixlist, and have
failed to find an explanation.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gerard

2. What Service Pack is installed

3. Error 17122 : initdata: Warning: Could not set working set size to 1038848 KB.

4. SQLServer with Clipper 5.2E

5. 17122 :initdata: Warning: Could not set working set size to 519104 KB.

6. Getting error 17826 - please help

7. Eventlog Mesg 17122 : initdata: Warning: Could not set working set size to 519104 KB

8. Backup Strategy

9. How to solve the problem : Error 17122

10. get error no.17122 when I start the MS-SQL V7

11. Error 17122 (SQL 7.0)

12. Error 17122

13. Error: 17122