SET XACT_ABORT in 6.5

Post by James A. Littlefiel » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have a table which is the target of foriegn key references.   During
the course of a days operations, some elements in this table may become
unreferenced by any other table.   I would like to remove all entries
from this table which are not linked via FK to another table.     Under
7.0 a quick way to do this is to ...

set xact_abort off
delete from <table name>
set xact_abort on

How can I efficiently do this under SQL6.5 (which does not appear to
have xact_abort in its set command).

Thanks
Jim

SET XACT_ABORT in 6.5

Post by Chris Gadsb » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

Jim,

Have you tried it?

As far as I know xact_abort is implemented in SQL 6.5 because I've used it.

It is documented in my 6.5 books online in the "Whats new" section under
SET.

Regards

Chris