Error in DTS - Object variable or With block variable not set

Error in DTS - Object variable or With block variable not set

Post by Lakshmana » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 06:56:12

I have a DTS Package that contains a cube task to process
a virtual cube.  When I execute the package it runs fine,
but the same when scheduled to run through Autosys(an
scheduling package from Computer Associates)i the log
show that the DTS package was invoked but gives the
following error:

Error Source: DSO
    Error Description:Object variable or With block
variable not set
    Error code: 800A005B
    \Error Help File:
    Error Help Context ID:1000091

    Package Steps execution information:
    Step 'DTSStep_DTSOlapProcess.Task_1' failed
    Step Error Source: DSO
    Step Error Description:Object variable or With block
variable not set
    Step Error code: 800A005B
    Step Error Help File:
    Step Error Help Context ID:1000091

    Step Execution Started: 7/16/2003 3:59:36 PM
    Step Execution Completed: 7/16/2003 4:00:02 PM
    Total Step Execution Time: 26.156 seconds
    Progress count in Step: 0
    Task Log for this step:

Thoughts/suggesitons will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Lakshmanan

Error in DTS - Object variable or With block variable not set

Post by JFB » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 05:28:59

Hi Lakshmanan,
Make sure you have set options Execute Pkg on Main Thread and Close
Connection on completion.
Is others things you need to keep eye on pkg as schedule like permissions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q269074
JFB

Quote:> I have a DTS Package that contains a cube task to process
> a virtual cube.  When I execute the package it runs fine,
> but the same when scheduled to run through Autosys(an
> scheduling package from Computer Associates)i the log
> show that the DTS package was invoked but gives the
> following error:

> Error Source: DSO
>     Error Description:Object variable or With block
> variable not set
>     Error code: 800A005B
>     \Error Help File:
>     Error Help Context ID:1000091

>     Package Steps execution information:
>     Step 'DTSStep_DTSOlapProcess.Task_1' failed
>     Step Error Source: DSO
>     Step Error Description:Object variable or With block
> variable not set
>     Step Error code: 800A005B
>     Step Error Help File:
>     Step Error Help Context ID:1000091

>     Step Execution Started: 7/16/2003 3:59:36 PM
>     Step Execution Completed: 7/16/2003 4:00:02 PM
>     Total Step Execution Time: 26.156 seconds
>     Progress count in Step: 0
>     Task Log for this step:

> Thoughts/suggesitons will be appreciated.

> Thanks in advance,
> Lakshmanan

1. Object Variable or With Block Variable Not Set in DTS Analysis Process Task

I have a package in DTS (SQL Server 2000) in which the filter
expression for an Analysis Services Process Task is set via code.
Everything runs fine until the Cube Process task is fired off then I
receive the above noted error. The cube process task is performing an
incremental update on a OLAP cube. In the filter expression that is
being created in the ActiveX task, I am using square brackets instead
of double quotes so that the filter expression comes out like:

([facttable].[idcolumn] > 85000)

Note: I am putting the parenthesis in as well. I am wondering if I am
getting this error because I am using square brackets? If anyone has
any ideas or suggestions, I would appreciate your help.
Thank you,
Michael

2. can a field be text only? no numbers? mw

3. Object variable or With block variable not set (Trapping SQL errors)

4. XMLSQLServer

5. Error: Object variable or with block variable not set

6. sqlnet.ora and multiple nameservers question

7. Cube processing error: Object variable or With block variable not set

8. Database design

9. ODBC - Object variable or With block variable not set (Error 91)

10. Object variable or With block variable not set (Error 91)

11. error 91 Object Variable o on with block variable is not set

12. Object variable or With block variable not set (Error 91)

13. Object variable or with block variable not set