Converting full database back-ups to Flat Files

Converting full database back-ups to Flat Files

Post by sanjeevmi.. » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 12:09:38

Hi,

We are an NT shop currently supporting SQL Server 6.5. We have a
requirement to copy the one of the daily backups of our production
server database on tape on a weekly basis. The constraint is that the
database (.DAT) backup file MUST be converted into a FLAT file before
it can be copied on the tape. Is there any SQL Server or non-SQL Server
utility which will accomplish this please. (BCP is not being considered
as a possible solution here as it exports only individual tables of the
database in character format).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Sanjeev Mitra
DBA (contractor)
Pacific Bell
San Ramon
California

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Converting full database back-ups to Flat Files

Post by Brian Mora » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:48:22

None that I'm aware of.

You will probally have to write your solution using BCP or something like
that... It really wouldn't be hard to write a script that BCP's out all
tables...

--
Brian

Quote:> Hi,