quick easy question

Post by djc » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:45:12

as I understand it 'snapshot' replication (sql 2000 to sql 2000) replaces
ALL data everytime. By default like table names are dropped, re-created, and
repopulated with ALL updated data. This is NOT incremental in any way.

Is this correct?

quick easy question

Post by Denn » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:07:47

Basically correct.  When you setup the replication you can make some basic
changes as to weither or not it deletes the data, or deletes the table, as
well as some other options.  If you leave everything as default, yes as you
described.

--
Denny Cherry
Database Administrator

Quote:> as I understand it 'snapshot' replication (sql 2000 to sql 2000) replaces
> ALL data everytime. By default like table names are dropped, re-created,
and
> repopulated with ALL updated data. This is NOT incremental in any way.

> Is this correct?

quick easy question

Thanks.