MAPI Spooler problem using mail using SQL Mail

MAPI Spooler problem using mail using SQL Mail

Post by Allie Kha » Tue, 20 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I managed to get sql mail to work, but now ran into another problem.

I found that SQL is only sending mail when WIndows Messaging is opened on
the SQL box.

How can I make the whole process of letting SQL send mail automatic, at the
moment sql only spools the messages, it does not actually send them. Once
you open  WIndows Messaging only then the mail gets sent.

Anyone experience the same?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Allie
PS: plse mail reply to my email address.

MAPI Spooler problem using mail using SQL Mail

Post by Tibor Karasz » Tue, 20 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Allie,

The behaviour was supposed to be fixed in NT4 sp3.
I never tested the fix, I must confess, I use the Exchange Server Client.
--

MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP
Cornerstone Sweden AB

Quote:> Hi,

> I managed to get sql mail to work, but now ran into another problem.

> I found that SQL is only sending mail when WIndows Messaging is opened on
> the SQL box.

> How can I make the whole process of letting SQL send mail automatic, at
the
> moment sql only spools the messages, it does not actually send them. Once
> you open  WIndows Messaging only then the mail gets sent.

> Anyone experience the same?

> Thanks in advance
> Regards
> Allie
> PS: plse mail reply to my email address.

MAPI Spooler problem using mail using SQL Mail

Post by Neil Pik » Tue, 20 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Allie,

 I think you need SP3 for NT4 applied, AND the exchange client
installed (rather than Windows Messaging) to get this to work.

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE
 Protech Computing Ltd

1. MAPI Call Fails When Sending Mail Using SQL Server

Can anyone help me out with a large problem we are having sending mails
via SQLServer?

When we first installed SQL7 in October, we used Groupwise as our MAPI
mail client and it was working with total success until end of October
when the daylight savings were altered as GMT changed back 1 hour.
Since this, everytime SQLAgent tries and send email, the same error
message "MAPI Call Failed" appears.

This is so frustrating:  We have uninstalled Groupwise and Windows
Messaging but to no avail.  How come all of a sudden, it ceases to
work.  Does this sound like a SQL Server problem or the MAPI client
that we are using?

Any suggestions or help would be most welcome!

Regards

Jon Lawton

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Trigger / Function: Getting column name of UPDATE

3. Using MAIL (MAPI) w/ SQL Server for NT

4. Screensaver prevents using Run command for dos apps

5. Send E-Mail Without Using SQL Mail in SQL Server (Q312839)

6. ODBC drivers and SQL 7, Clustered

7. Send E-Mail Without Using SQL Mail in SQL Server

8. How to optimize this query ?

9. MAPI mail programs for SQL Mail?

10. Using MS Mail and SQL Mail

11. Sql Mail using Oracle mail

12. SQL mail using outlook as client side and POP mail server

13. Using MS Mail and SQL Mail