unable to configure ODBC driver SQL Server

unable to configure ODBC driver SQL Server

Post by b.. » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

Encounter error:
UNABLE TO CONFIGURE ODBC DRIVER SQL SERVER

MSG:  Could not load the setup or translator table

I get same message on attempt to install SQL 7.  I need to know what to
do to work around this error.  I am using 98.  I have received the
following 5 links to Knowledge Base articles that pertain to ODBC, MDAC,
Windows 95 and SQL Server from Microsoft Technical Support
Desktop Operating Systems.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q150/1/50.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q150/1/51.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q178/1/32.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q178/8/40.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q190/4/63.asp

What I still don't understand is what specifically causes the error
message and how to fix the problem...

Flailing about and grateful for help,
Tom Jackson

1. Setup Failed - Unable to configure ODBC driver SQL Server

During the   "Installing Microsoft Data Access Component (MDAC)"   phase of
the SQL Server 7.0 setup the following error message dialog was displayed:

        Title:             Unable to configure ODBC driver SQL Server
        Message:    Could not load the setup or translator library

Followed by another error message stating that  "Setup failed to configure
the Server"

File CNFGSVR.OUT contains the following:
        Starting Service ...

        Connecting to Server ...

        driver={sql server};server=.;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

        Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error  126 (sql
server).

        driver={sql server};server=.;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

        Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error  126 (sql
server).

        driver={sql server};server=WEBBSERV01;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

        Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error  126 (sql
server).

        SQL Server configuration failed.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Martin Webb

2. Creating delimited output in a file

3. Installing SQL Server 2000 - Unable to load SQL Server ODBC driver resource dll

4. Using TTable to access a text file

5. [ODBC SQL Server Driver]Client unable to establish connection

6. v7.3B - Bug highlighting multi-select browse ???

7. Unable to load SQL server ODBC driver resource dll

8. erp systems

9. Unable to load SQL Server ODBC driver resource DLL

10. Unable to load SQL server ODBC driver resource DLL

11. Unable to load sql server odbc driver resource dll

12. Unable to load SQL server ODBC driver resource DLL

13. unable to load sql server ODBC driver resource dll