Change user name

Post by Javier Rosa » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 07:59:34

Hi,

I change name in a syslogins table to user in a domain,
example, my original user is Domain1_t\javier and I
changed the name field by Dom2\javier

When I sign with Domain1_t\javier in a PC  I wish that
this user have not access but it have. Do I need to change
in anyother table?

how can I do it?
I wanna to do it because I want that my user have the same
access, but I want to do it by query.

Thanks in advance.
Javier Rosas

Change user name

Post by Sue Hoegemeie » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 14:21:59

You'd likely be better off managing your security through
scripts and system stored procedures rather than modifying
system tables directly. Direct modification of system tables
is strongly discouraged and generally unsupported.

-Sue

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 14:59:34 -0800, "Javier Rosas"

>Hi,

>I change name in a syslogins table to user in a domain,
>example, my original user is Domain1_t\javier and I
>changed the name field by Dom2\javier

>When I sign with Domain1_t\javier in a PC  I wish that
>this user have not access but it have. Do I need to change
>in anyother table?

>how can I do it?
>I wanna to do it because I want that my user have the same
>access, but I want to do it by query.

>Thanks in advance.
>Javier Rosas

1. Change User Name and User Password on MSDE 2000

HI
    I am using Visual Studio .NET to connect to MSDE 2000, I can create
Database and Tables without problem, but how can I change the MSDE user name
and password, because the default user name is "sa", and the password is
blank. which is not very secure.

Can I use the tool provide by Visual Studio .Net to do that?? I do not have
SQL Server tool that help me to manage the account.

--
Regards

Jack Chan
System Manager
Performance Reporting Service Ltd

2. MS SQL Server 6.5 too slow ?

3. Change User Name

4. Terminal Emulator

5. Changing User Name and Password using ADO

6. Need help *** pizza reward *** ..slow inserts on all '98 clients > sql7.0 (except one ! ..need expert!

7. Changing user name in sql

8. Finding with ROWID as long as full table scan ?

9. Changing user names without recreating accounts

10. Changed user name

11. How to change user-name to dbo in a database !!

12. NT User Name blank or SQL User Name blank

13. user change or change user rights for MS ACCESS DB with DAO (MFC)