NT local group not showing up in Security Manager

NT local group not showing up in Security Manager

Post by Jeff Humphre » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I don't understand why some of my (NT) local groups don't show up in SQL
security manager when I go to grant new.  The (NT) global groups all show
up.  I would appreciate any help!

NT local group not showing up in Security Manager

Post by Darren J Fulle » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Jeff,

I had a similar problem.  To grant privileges to local groups, I found that
the groups had to be created locally on the actual server and not local
groups on the domain.

Darren Fuller
MCSE, SQL Server DBA.

Quote:> I don't understand why some of my (NT) local groups don't show up in SQL