Storing Image Data Types

Post by Matthew Durba » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 23:30:57

Does anyone know whether the data stored for an image data type is stored in the .mdf data file or .bak backup file of the database. For example if I was to lose the data but had a backup then will the database be fully restored along with all 'image' data.

Thanks
Matthew

Storing Image Data Types

Post by Ed Harper » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 09:16:45

Matthew:

SQL stores data in the database files, typically name .mdf and/or .ndf.
When you backup your database, all data is backed up and can be restored.

To test this, use the pubs database.  Create a small table with text data
and add a couple of rows.
Backup the pubs database, drop the table, then restore the pubs database.

Hope this helps

Ed Harper
Microsoft SQL Support

1. Storing and retrieving Image data type

I upgraded from Access to SQL Server bringing two image
fields along.  The data type is image in design, binary
in view, and am not sure how to store data there or
retrieve it.  I tried to get the SQL Online Book but the
file is corrupt when trying to open it.  Any help is
greatly appreciated.  Tony

2. creating a database?

3. Data type for storing images?

4. Unsupported Method

5. Pb with Sql Server on cluster

6. Using IMAGE data type to store alot of BLOBS

7. Point of Sale

8. Store an image file into an image type column

9. Store an image file into an image type column from a Windev program

10. How do I upload images into a table with an image data type

11. image data type, display image on AIX, HELP!

12. Data Transfer from Long data type to SQL Server Text data type column