Problems with SQL Mail

Post by Flicke » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 07:00:20

I have that same problem on boxes setup with Terminal Service installed and
I use Terminal Client to remorely manage the boxes.  I don't reboot the
server, just restart the service.  I have no problem with SQL boxes on NT 4,
which I use pcAnywhere to manage.  I guess that is something with Login
Profile.  I don't know what the fix for it is.
Do you use Terminal Client to connect to the box?

Quote:> Greetings,
> I was woundering if anyone can shed some light on a
> problem that we are having with SQL 2000 sp2 sending mail
> through Outlook 2000.  I have followed all the setup
> information for sending mail through Outlook, it seems to
> work for a while.  Then the outlook.pst file locks up and
> will not send anymore mail. The only fix for this is to re-
> boot the server, which isn't always easy to do with a
> production server.  Has any one exprienced this problem
> and how did you resolve it????
> Thank you in advance.
> D. Farris

Problems with SQL Mail

Post by Ben Amad » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 07:18:58

Hello.

This is a bug with sp2.  You can work around it by replacing the sp2 version
of sqlmap70.dll with the sp1 version.  You just need to copy the sp1 version
to the MSSQL\Binn folder and register it (unregistering the sp2 version
first is probably best to do).  It sounds like this has worked for everyone
who has done it.

sp2 version info:
date: 11/19/2001
version: 2000.80.534.0

sp1 version info:
date: 5/23/2001
version: 2000.80.384.0

HTH,
Ben

Quote:> Greetings,
> I was woundering if anyone can shed some light on a
> problem that we are having with SQL 2000 sp2 sending mail
> through Outlook 2000.  I have followed all the setup
> information for sending mail through Outlook, it seems to
> work for a while.  Then the outlook.pst file locks up and
> will not send anymore mail. The only fix for this is to re-
> boot the server, which isn't always easy to do with a
> production server.  Has any one exprienced this problem
> and how did you resolve it????
> Thank you in advance.
> D. Farris

Problems with SQL Mail

Post by Bill Clar » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 08:19:18

Let's all remember to thank Neil Pike for the initial suggestion, and Dwayne
at MS for trying to keep this in the forefront of the bug fixers.....

BC

> Hello.

> This is a bug with sp2.  You can work around it by replacing the sp2
version
> of sqlmap70.dll with the sp1 version.  You just need to copy the sp1
version
> to the MSSQL\Binn folder and register it (unregistering the sp2 version
> first is probably best to do).  It sounds like this has worked for
everyone
> who has done it.

> sp2 version info:
> date: 11/19/2001
> version: 2000.80.534.0

> sp1 version info:
> date: 5/23/2001
> version: 2000.80.384.0

> HTH,
> Ben

> > Greetings,
> > I was woundering if anyone can shed some light on a
> > problem that we are having with SQL 2000 sp2 sending mail
> > through Outlook 2000.  I have followed all the setup
> > information for sending mail through Outlook, it seems to
> > work for a while.  Then the outlook.pst file locks up and
> > will not send anymore mail. The only fix for this is to re-
> > boot the server, which isn't always easy to do with a
> > production server.  Has any one exprienced this problem
> > and how did you resolve it????
> > Thank you in advance.
> > D. Farris

Problems with SQL Mail

Post by Ben Amad » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 08:26:13

Yes, much thanks!  I'm certain Neil and Dwayne's help has saved a lot of
people who are relying on SQL Mail.  There's nothing worse than discovering
you've _lost_ functionality when upgrading service packs.

Thanks Bill   ;-)

> Let's all remember to thank Neil Pike for the initial suggestion, and
Dwayne
> at MS for trying to keep this in the forefront of the bug fixers.....

> BC

> > Hello.

> > This is a bug with sp2.  You can work around it by replacing the sp2
> version
> > of sqlmap70.dll with the sp1 version.  You just need to copy the sp1
> version
> > to the MSSQL\Binn folder and register it (unregistering the sp2 version
> > first is probably best to do).  It sounds like this has worked for
> everyone
> > who has done it.

> > sp2 version info:
> > date: 11/19/2001
> > version: 2000.80.534.0

> > sp1 version info:
> > date: 5/23/2001
> > version: 2000.80.384.0

> > HTH,
> > Ben

> > > Greetings,
> > > I was woundering if anyone can shed some light on a
> > > problem that we are having with SQL 2000 sp2 sending mail
> > > through Outlook 2000.  I have followed all the setup
> > > information for sending mail through Outlook, it seems to
> > > work for a while.  Then the outlook.pst file locks up and
> > > will not send anymore mail. The only fix for this is to re-
> > > boot the server, which isn't always easy to do with a
> > > production server.  Has any one exprienced this problem
> > > and how did you resolve it????
> > > Thank you in advance.
> > > D. Farris

Problems with SQL Mail

Post by D. Farri » Fri, 08 Mar 2002 04:01:22

Thankyou all, I'll try and find a sp1 version of the dll.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello.

>This is a bug with sp2.  You can work around it by

replacing the sp2 version
Quote:>of sqlmap70.dll with the sp1 version.  You just need to

copy the sp1 version
>to the MSSQL\Binn folder and register it (unregistering
the sp2 version
>first is probably best to do).  It sounds like this has
worked for everyone
>who has done it.

>sp2 version info:
>date: 11/19/2001
>version: 2000.80.534.0

>sp1 version info:
>date: 5/23/2001
>version: 2000.80.384.0

>HTH,
>Ben

>> Greetings,
>> I was woundering if anyone can shed some light on a
>> problem that we are having with SQL 2000 sp2 sending
mail
>> through Outlook 2000.  I have followed all the setup
>> information for sending mail through Outlook, it seems
>> work for a while.  Then the outlook.pst file locks up
and
>> will not send anymore mail. The only fix for this is to
re-
>> boot the server, which isn't always easy to do with a
>> production server.  Has any one exprienced this problem
>> and how did you resolve it????
>> Thank you in advance.
>> D. Farris

>.

1. Problem with SQL Mail / SQL Server 2000

So I go into SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager,
 - expand the Support Services folder,
 - right-click SQL Mail, and then click Properties,
 - type a valid profile name in the Profile Name box
(because it is empty),
 - click the Test button, and receive the following error
message: Error 18025 : xp_test_mapi_profile failed with
mail error 0x80040111

After researching this problem, I try this:
 - shutdown SQl Server using SQL Server Service Manager
 - open a command prompt and start SQl Server with:
    sqlservr -sINSTANCE1 -c
 - go into SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager,
 - expand the Support Services folder,
 - right-click SQL Mail, and then click Properties,
 - select a profile from the Profile Name box,
 - click the Test button, and the test succeeds
 - go into Query Analyzer, and successfully run
xp_sendmail, xp_test_mapi_profile,
xp_get_mapi_default_profile, xp_get_mapi_profiles
 - check Outlook and see the message sent by xp_sendmail
 - reboot, and allow SQl Server to startup in the default
way
 - go into SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager,
 - expand the Support Services folder,
 - right-click SQL Mail, and then click Properties,
 - select a profile name in the Profile Name box (it now
has an entry),
 - click the Test button, and receive the original error
message: Error 18025 : xp_test_mapi_profile failed with
mail error 0x80040111

How can I get SQL Mail working?

I'm running
 - XP Pro, Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
 - SQL Server 2000 with SP-2, Version 8.00.679
 - Outlook 2002 (10.4608.4219) SP-2

Please note that Exchange Server is not installed, and
that Outlook was running throughout the above testing.

Thanks in advance,
Hal Heinrich

2. HELP: How do I merge a bunch of tables together??

3. Problems with Sql Mail

4. (no subject)

5. problem with SQL Mail

6. Fox & SQL - Can't get the current system date

7. Problems Configuring SQL Mail and Exchange

8. Versioning in an RDBMS

9. Problems with SQL Mail and POP3

10. Problems about SQL Mail

11. Problem in SQL Mail