Transaction Isolation Level

Post by Rashmi Dave[M » Sat, 18 May 2002 02:26:38

Assuming you call SqlConnection.BeginTransaction method and specify an
isolation
level in the IsolationLevel property, programmatically you may be able to
query this .

Regards,

            Rashmi Dave

Microsoft Partner Support

--------------------

| Subject: Transaction Isolation Level
| Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:06:12 -0700

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming
|
| As one can tell whether implicit transactions is set on

| programmatically what transaction isolation level is in
| effect?
|
| My motive for asking is that I don't want to set the level
| to a lower one and if I don't know what it currently is, I
| might do just that.

Transaction Isolation Level

Post by A Coru » Sat, 18 May 2002 02:43:13

I am writing T_SQL stored procedure(s) and in the stored procedure I
need to know the isolation level.

Any ideas in case?

Thanks for your response.

1. setting transaction isolation level on connection

This is probably posted in the wrong group and is a simple question, but:

For report purposes I'd like to have the isolation level set to
READ UNCOMMITTED or "dirty reads" or "no lock". In our application that
would be acceptable.  I can't count on our users to set this when
logging in.

Is there any way to configure SQL server for this default?
OR
Is there a way to run a stored procedure upon login where I can
place the SQL command to set the isolation level?

Thanks for any help

Michael Eno

2. ADO and Oracle Problem -- Which Driver Should I Use?

3. Transaction Isolation Level

4. Epson Ink Jets / Slave Printing

5. TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVELS

6. Anyone used any Oracle testing tools?

7. transaction isolation level setting serializable - deadlocks

8. 4GL and the Web?

9. Transaction isolation level

10. set transaction isolation level

11. setting transaction isolation level programatically

12. Where should I put SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL?

13. About transaction isolation level