about collation name

Post by zch » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 05:18:42

hi,

When I create a new database, the collation name of the
database is sql_latin1_general_cp1_ci_as, and after create
tables and add contents to the tables, I find I should use
another cxollation name, How can I change the collation
name of a exist database?

thanks in advance

zch

about collation name

Post by Dejan Sark » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:10:52

Quote:> How can I change the collation
> name of a exist database?

Use Alter Database command:
ALTER DATABASE dbname COLLATE collationname
Be aware that new collation is in effect for new objects. There is no simple
method to convert old objects.

--
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
FAQ from Neil & others at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

about collation name

Post by Mark Pawla » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:59:15

Hi,
I am afraid I do not know the answer, but I am having
similar issues.  I need to change the collation, but when
going from sql 7 to 2000, if I backup and restore or DTS
copy the data it retains the old collation.  Just thought
I'd let you know you are not alone and if I figure it out
I will let you know.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>hi,

>When I create a new database, the collation name of the
>database is sql_latin1_general_cp1_ci_as, and after
create
>tables and add contents to the tables, I find I should
use
>another cxollation name, How can I change the collation
>name of a exist database?

>thanks in advance

>zch
>.

1. JDBC driver and collation names

hi,
I am performing some select queries over 2 identical databases, except for
one difference: the collation name.
The first has Hebrew_CI_AS and the results in Hebrew arrive perfectly well,
the second has SQL_Latin1_General_Cp1255_CI_AS but for the same queries over
the same data I get corrupted results in Hebrew(jibrish). Does anyone have
an idea what can be wrong there?

tx
adi

2. How to calculate the Age???

3. Windows Locale - Collation Name

4. Fixes to Informix 4gl

5. Collation names

6. Cannot visualize Cubes Data (Unspecified error)

7. Collation Name

8. Dataware controls

9. Change Collation Name

10. caracter with accent and collation name

11. Collation name

12. Changing Collation Name?