ODBC Test OK but Apps can't connect to SQL Server

ODBC Test OK but Apps can't connect to SQL Server

Post by Alle » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 05:19:34

Front end Access 97 application to access SQL Server
2000(SP2) via ODBC connection. The test of ODBC is
successfully but the Access 97 application is unable
to access the SQL Server database if the MDAC version
is 2.5 or less. There is no problem for those machines
installed with MDAC 2.6 above. Anyone has ideas?

Thanks for your advise.

ODBC Test OK but Apps can't connect to SQL Server

Post by T Bank » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 06:27:28

Quote:> Front end Access 97 application to access SQL Server
> 2000(SP2) via ODBC connection. The test of ODBC is
> successfully but the Access 97 application is unable
> to access the SQL Server database if the MDAC version
> is 2.5 or less. There is no problem for those machines
> installed with MDAC 2.6 above. Anyone has ideas?

Sounds to me like you found your problem.  Is there a reason you can not
update the MDAC on the machines that do not function?

ODBC Test OK but Apps can't connect to SQL Server

Post by Alle » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:22:49

Many users run old applications that do not work properly
with MDAC 2.6 so we are unable to upgrade it.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----