DTS Error (BULK INSERT)

Post by Loke » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:59:33

I am using .csv files for extracts. I have created the tables which
are ready for loads.

BULK INSERT Action FROM 'c:\temp\Action2.txt'
WITH (
   DATAFILETYPE = 'Widenative',
   FIELDTERMINATOR = ',',
   ROWTERMINATOR = '\n'
)

I get this server message: Error Msg: 4861

4861 16 Could not bulk insert because file '%ls' could not be opened.
Operating system error code %ls.

Does anyone faced this problem, Please help!

Thanks
LCV

DTS Error (BULK INSERT)

Post by luc » Sun, 24 Mar 2002 07:14:20

Which sql server version and does the file exist? It's strange you don't see
the
filename itself (looks like a bug).

Quote:> I am using .csv files for extracts. I have created the tables which
> are ready for loads.

> BULK INSERT Action FROM 'c:\temp\Action2.txt'
> WITH (
>    DATAFILETYPE = 'Widenative',
>    FIELDTERMINATOR = ',',
>    ROWTERMINATOR = '\n'
> )

> I get this server message: Error Msg: 4861

> 4861 16 Could not bulk insert because file '%ls' could not be opened.
> Operating system error code %ls.

> Does anyone faced this problem, Please help!

> Thanks
> LCV

1. Error when bulk insert follows another large bulk insert

I am running a job out of MS SQL Enterprise Manager where the first step
turns off transaction logging, the 2nd step is a large bulk insert step,
and the 3rd step is another large bulk insert step.  I receive the
following error when executing the 3rd step.  Is this error occurring
because the database is still comitting data from the previous large bulk
insert at the same time as it is performing the next bulk insert?  If so,
is there a workaround?  Thank you for any help you can provide.

Error message from Step 3 (2nd bulk insert):
Backup, CHECKALLOC, bulk copy, SELECT INTO, and file manipulation
(such as CREATE FILE) operations on a database must be serialized.
Reissue the statement after the current backup, CHECKALLOC, or
file manipulation operation is completed. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3023)
The statement has been terminated. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 3621).
The step failed.

2. web SQL

3. URGENT - DTS Bulk Insert errors

4. SQL Web Users on Win2000

5. Export Data using DTS Import using BULK INSERT

6. Help with JOIN syntax please

7. DTS - Can you Bulk Insert without dilimiter

8. Delphi Developers Wanted

9. DTS Bulk Insert

10. BULK INSERT PROBLEM in DTS

11. BULK INSERT vs. DTS

12. import delimited text file w/o bulk insert or DTS

13. Performance difference between BCP/Bulk Insert and DTS