Can not create view with access 2000 ADP to SQL 2000

Can not create view with access 2000 ADP to SQL 2000

Post by Crai » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:27:20

I am having a problem creating views using an access 2000
ADP and SQL 2000, on some systems I can create the view
but only get a choice of all colums, and on others I get a
permision denied. I am using the same SQL login and the
user id has DBO rights. Any one know whats going on?

Found a referance but it requires a membership to view.

http://www.vbpj.com/upload/free/features/vbpj/2001/07jul01/
sqlpro0107/rj0107/rj0107-1.asp

Thank you for your time
-Craig W.

Can not create view with access 2000 ADP to SQL 2000

Post by Jasper Smit » Sat, 29 Dec 2001 05:09:09

Are all Access 2000 clients on at least Service Pack 1 ?
There are some issues with ADP and SQL 2000

HTH
Jasper Smith

From BOL

Access 2000
Microsoft Access 2000 requires the installation of either Microsoft Office
2000 Service Release 1 (SR1) or Access 2000 SR1 to operate correctly with
SQL Server 2000. If running an earlier version of Access 2000, you cannot
test automatic data processing (ADP) applications against SQL Server 2000.
You cannot access database diagrams, stored procedures, table designs, or
view designs.

Other issues to be addressed in a future Access Service Release:

When you run Access 2000 with SR1, you can test ADP applications. You can
also alter database diagrams, stored procedures, table designs, or view
designs, but you cannot save any changes. A future Access Service Release
will allow limited ability to save changes.

The Access 2000 Create Database Wizard cannot successfully create a SQL
Server 2000 database. You can work around this by first creating the
database using SQL Server Enterprise Manager, and then creating an ADP for
the database using the Project (Existing Database) option on the New dialog
box in Access 2000.

The Access 2000 Upsizing Wizard does not support upsizing to SQL Server
2000. You can work around this by using Data Transformation Services in the
Enterprise Manager to import your MDB database file into SQL Server. You can
then rename your MDB tables and create linked tables to the resulting SQL
Server database with the same names as your original MDB table names.

Quote:> I am having a problem creating views using an access 2000
> ADP and SQL 2000, on some systems I can create the view
> but only get a choice of all colums, and on others I get a
> permision denied. I am using the same SQL login and the
> user id has DBO rights. Any one know whats going on?

> Found a referance but it requires a membership to view.

> http://www.vbpj.com/upload/free/features/vbpj/2001/07jul01/
> sqlpro0107/rj0107/rj0107-1.asp

> Thank you for your time
> -Craig W.

Can not create view with access 2000 ADP to SQL 2000

Post by William Chen [M » Sat, 29 Dec 2001 16:09:02

There are some issues between Access 2000 projects and  SQL Server 2000,
please refer to the following Knowledge Base article:

Q269824 ACC2000: Issues Between Access 2000 Projects and SQL Server 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q269/8/24.asp

William Chen

1. Creating an ADP from Access 2000 with SQL 2000

I cannot seem to do what the subject line states.
I get as far as creating the SQL 2000 database (through the project setup)
and it stops with an 'Overflow' error.
I have tracked this down (I think) on microsofts web site to being
incompatibilities between Access2k and SQL Server 2k.
I can create the database on the server and then create tables within it
from my Project, but whats with the initial stumble when creating the
database?
Does anyone know of a complete fix/solution to this?
Will Office XP work?
Cheers,
Rob

2. Need a menuing system for use under oracle

3. SQL 2000 B2: Can't create views/diagrams from Access 2000 project

4. Fatal error

5. Access 2000 ADP SQL view problem

6. Creating a pseudo index on a SQL 6.5 view

7. Lost Connection Access 2000 ADP and SQL Server 2000

8. Can Access 2000 use ADP with SQL 2000

9. Views Created Using ADOX Are Not Visible in Access 2000

10. Refresh Views from Access 2000 project (adp)

11. Access 2000 adp project reference another A2000 adp project