Various questions

Post by Richar » Wed, 15 May 2002 01:17:43

Are virtual directories created with the Configure XML SQL
Support in IIS tool the same as directories created with
explorer or IIS? Can I run ASP files in them? I've tried
and have a file that works in other virtual directories
but not the one created via sql server.

I have an xml file that runs a parameterised stored
procedure. I have a default value this works. However when
I try to use it from the command line it doesn't work:

What I want is to have an ASP page transform the XML
against the XSL file. Can the XML file transform against
an XSL file using the transformNode method after creating
an MSXML4.DOMDocument4 object? Or am I missing the point,
is there an easier way?

http://localhost/statusbar/template/sp_get_progress_percent
.xml?machine_id=157?xsl=sp_get_progress_percent.xsl

<ROOT xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql">
 <sql:header>
   <sql:param name="machine_id">157</sql:param>
 </sql:header>
 <sql:query>

 </sql:query>
</ROOT>

Various questions

Post by Bryant Like » Thu, 16 May 2002 09:54:34

Quote:> Are virtual directories created with the Configure XML SQL
> Support in IIS tool the same as directories created with
> explorer or IIS?

No.

Quote:> Can I run ASP files in them?

No.

[snip]

Quote:> I have an xml file that runs a parameterised stored
> procedure. I have a default value this works. However when
> I try to use it from the command line it doesn't work:

You need to use & to separate parameters.

Quote:> http://localhost/statusbar/template/sp_get_progress_percent
> .xml?machine_id=157?xsl=sp_get_progress_percent.xsl

sp_get_progress_percent.xml?machine_id=157&xsl=myxsl.xsl

--
Bryant

Various questions

Post by Melody Pilat » Tue, 21 May 2002 05:41:37

So, is it possible to call to an XML template from an ASP
file outside of the virtual directory? Every time I
attempt to call the file using the following code, it
returns the contents of my sql:query, but doesn't execute
it.  Thank you!

<%
        Dim domDoc
        Dim aFilename
        Set domDoc = server.CreateObject
("MSXML2.DOMDocument")
        domDoc.async=false
        aFilename = server.MapPath
("db/templates/nav/menu2.xml")
        If Not domDoc.Load(aFilename) Then
                Response.Write "Could not load the file" &
_
                aFilename & "<br>"
                Response.End
        End If

        Response.ContentType = "text/xml"
        Response.Write domDoc.xml
%>

Quote:>> .xml?machine_id=157?xsl=sp_get_progress_percent.xsl

>sp_get_progress_percent.xml?machine_id=157&xsl=myxsl.xsl

>--
>Bryant

>.

Various questions

Post by Bryant Like » Tue, 21 May 2002 06:05:01

[snip]

Quote:> aFilename = server.MapPath
> ("db/templates/nav/menu2.xml")

Don't use server.MapPath. That loads the file directly and bypasses the
SQLXML ISAPI.

--
Bryant

1. OLAP API Q: Various questions about dimensions, joins, and defaults

p 12.  Are Quarters and years really separate dimensions?  See p 12.
I think these are just two different hierarchies on the same dimension.

p 22.  Please define exactly the behavior of "Join compatability".  I
know that it is well defined in the relational model, but what are the
semantics for joining cubes?  All the spec says is: "joining is always
by the common dimensions (dimensions with the same name)".
What if there are no dimensions in common?  What if all the dimensions
are in common -- how are the cells combined, by addition?  What if there
are more than 2 cubes -- is this operation associative?  (Recall that
outer join is not associative.)

p 22.  The first sentence in the section Default Hierarchy and Member
says: "Each dimension has a default hierarchy associated with it and
each hierarchy has a default member associated with it."  But the note
says: "OLE DB for OLAP does not require that every dimension of every
hierarchy have a default member. Applications must check to see if a
default exists..."
--

Fidelity Investments   82 Devonshire St. R27C    Boston MA 02109
There is nothing as practical as a good theory.  Remarks are mine.

2. Q: C++ multi-dim engine-libraries

3. various questions on column sizes & cleaning up

4. Help ? What are these ?

5. Help! Newbie - Various questions

6. JDBC-Driver: Error -7203 / DBNLS is not set ...

7. One large table vs many small tables

8. Various Questions

9. Various advanced Paradox 7.0 questions

10. various Full Text questions

11. Various locking questions

12. Questions on Various DB2 Editions?