1. [dbnmpntw]Connection Open (CreateFile)) error 4 ???
Help! More RAM was added to a SQL Server machine, taking it from 64 meg to 256,
and NOW clients which accessed the DB with no problem before the RAM upgrade,
get the following:
SQL State: '01000'
SQL Server Error: 240
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][dbnmpntw]Connection Open (CreateFile()).
SQL Server Errror: 4
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][dbnmpntw]Connection broken.
Another error symptom is that although the tool has defined a connect string
with user and pass, the system re-asks for the user/pass information after a
These clients are a 3rd party development tool accessing SQL Server through
What's worse, is that initially after this upgrade, NO clients could access the
SQL Server database. The sysadmin then upgraded her personal machine from
100mhz (like all other machines) to 233mhz, and now she OFTEN (but not always)
CAN access the SQL Server data without an error. Still, no other users on
slower machines can. And worst of all, Access has no problem seeing the SQL
Server tables. So, there's something this 3rd party tool is doing, differently
from APPX, that's not working.
Ideas? I've only been able to get as far as "the named pipe is disconnecting"
and there might be some issue with too many open files (Error: 4).
* Helen *
2. dbANYWHERE classes
3. Run Time Error '-2147467259 (80004005)': [DBNMPNTW] Connection Broken
4. SQLXML Licensing
5. Connection Fail after installation - dbnmpntw write() connection fail
6. SQL Utilities and Tools
7. Replication possibilities...
8. Connection Failure [DBNMPNTW]
9. [ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNMPNTW]Connection broken.
10. Help!!!!!SQL Server Error 2: ODBC SQL Server Driver(DBNMPNTW) Access Denied