connection error [DBNMPNTW]

Post by Daniel Le » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:17:29

Hi appreciate it if someone can shed some light here.

I've set up my database in a cluster of servers.  I am now trying to connect
to it through enterprise manager and import the data across to my client.
However I get this error message:

Error source: Microsoft OLEDB Provider for SQL Server.

Error description:  Client unable to establish connection [DBNMPNTW]
ConnectionOpen(CreateFile()).

Content:  Error durig initialisation of the provider.

Thanking you in advance.

Daniel Lee

connection error [DBNMPNTW]

Post by Richard Waymir » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 01:05:49

Sounds like you may need to reapply the appropriate version of MDAC to the
machine.  See http://www.microsoft.com/data for drops (or on your SQL Server
cd).

--
Richard Waymire, MCSE, MCDBA

Quote:> Hi appreciate it if someone can shed some light here.

> I've set up my database in a cluster of servers.  I am now trying to
connect
> to it through enterprise manager and import the data across to my client.
> However I get this error message:

> Error source: Microsoft OLEDB Provider for SQL Server.

> Error description:  Client unable to establish connection [DBNMPNTW]
> ConnectionOpen(CreateFile()).

> Content:  Error durig initialisation of the provider.

> Thanking you in advance.

> Daniel Lee

1. [dbnmpntw]Connection Open (CreateFile)) error 4 ???

Hi,

Help!  More RAM was added to a SQL Server machine, taking it from 64 meg to 256,
and NOW clients which accessed the DB with no problem before the RAM upgrade,
get the following:

Connection Failed:
SQL State: '01000'
SQL Server Error: 240
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][dbnmpntw]Connection Open (CreateFile()).
Connection Failed:
SQLState: '08001'
SQL Server Errror: 4
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][dbnmpntw]Connection broken.

Another error symptom is that although the tool has defined a connect string
with user and pass, the system re-asks for the user/pass information after a
long hang.

These clients are a 3rd party development tool accessing SQL Server through
ODBC.

What's worse, is that initially after this upgrade, NO clients could access the
SQL Server database.  The sysadmin then upgraded her personal machine from
100mhz (like all other machines) to 233mhz, and now she OFTEN (but not always)
CAN access the SQL Server data without an error.  Still, no other users on
slower machines can.  And worst of all, Access has no problem seeing the SQL
Server tables.  So, there's something this 3rd party tool is doing, differently
from APPX, that's not working.

Ideas?  I've only been able to get as far as "the named pipe is disconnecting"
and there might be some issue with too many open files (Error: 4).

HELP???!!!

* Helen *

2. dbANYWHERE classes

3. Run Time Error '-2147467259 (80004005)': [DBNMPNTW] Connection Broken

4. SQLXML Licensing

5. Connection Fail after installation - dbnmpntw write() connection fail

6. SQL Utilities and Tools

7. Replication possibilities...

8. Connection Failure [DBNMPNTW]

9. [ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNMPNTW]Connection broken.

10. Help!!!!!SQL Server Error 2: ODBC SQL Server Driver(DBNMPNTW) Access Denied