Smacker utilities are now FREE!

Post by Jeff Robert » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Just want to let everyone know that Smacker is now available FREE for
downloading off our web-page at www.radgametools.com.  Smacker is a video
codec for FLCs and AVI files that has been used in over 400 games and
multimedia titles.

Thanks,

->Jeff

Smacker utilities are now FREE!

Post by .oO The Joker Oo » Sun, 29 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Just want to let everyone know that Smacker is now available FREE for
> downloading off our web-page at www.radgametools.com.  Smacker is a video
> codec for FLCs and AVI files that has been used in over 400 games and
> multimedia titles.

This is the best news I've heard in years! Please, could you (or somebody
reading this post) send it to me by mail (uue/attach) as I have no ftp
/http access. Please!!!

Thanx, Joker/JAM Australia

Post by T.W.J. jako » Sun, 29 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>> Just want to let everyone know that Smacker is now available FREE for
>> downloading off our web-page at www.radgametools.com.  Smacker is a video
>> codec for FLCs and AVI files that has been used in over 400 games and
>> multimedia titles.

>This is the best news I've heard in years! Please, could you (or somebody
>reading this post) send it to me by mail (uue/attach) as I have no ftp
>/http access. Please!!!

>Thanx, Joker/JAM Australia

I don't think you want it by mail, because they forget to mention it (at their
website) that it's 2.1MB.

Andre Jakobs
  MicroBrain Technologies Inc.
    The Netherlands

Smacker utilities are now FREE!

Post by Joshua T Segal » Sun, 29 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I don't think the utilities are free.  The download is free, so you can
get the stuff and play around with it, HOWEVER you still have to pay a
licensing if you actually use it in a product.  At least that's what I
got from the site.  Apparently there's a utility kit called
"ActiveMovie" which does the exact same stuff, plus supports more
formats, and is completely free.  I haven't actually seen it though, so
I don't know.

Josh Segall

Post by Troy » Mon, 30 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> I don't think the utilities are free.  The download is free, so you can
> get the stuff and play around with it, HOWEVER you still have to pay a
> licensing if you actually use it in a product.  At least that's what I

  I'm pretty sure your right. The company I work for paid a license fee
which was about $3,000 per product. This fee might not be the same for
all companies, i'm not sure.