Is AMD K6 cpu fully compatible to Intel MMX II - cpu?

Is AMD K6 cpu fully compatible to Intel MMX II - cpu?

Post by Dieter Hanse » Sat, 05 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi!

I have heard the K6 should be even faster?!
And does it work with motherboards originally for Intel CPUs?

Thanks
  Dieter Hansen
------------------

Is AMD K6 cpu fully compatible to Intel MMX II - cpu?

Post by T Jon » Sat, 05 Apr 1997 04:00:00

: Hi!
:
: I have heard the K6 should be even faster?!
: And does it work with motherboards originally for Intel CPUs?
:

The AMD K6 233 performs as well as and in many cases better than the
i200MMX.  It takes a socket 7 and work in newer MBs that support a
split voltage.  I requires 3.2V, but is reported to work just fine
at 2.9V.

The best place to go for info is :

http://sysdoc.pair.com/
http://www.amd.com/ (of course)

--
 _/_/_/_/  _/        _/_/_/_/   T Jones

  _/     _/        _/  _/       NCSU - Department of Computer Science
 _/     _/_/_/_/  _/_/_/        http://krusty.rh.ncsu.edu/~tavaris

Is AMD K6 cpu fully compatible to Intel MMX II - cpu?

Post by Luc Raymo » Sat, 05 Apr 1997 04:00:00

On Fri, 4 Apr 1997 14:07:54 +0200, Dieter Hansen

>Hi!

>I have heard the K6 should be even faster?!
>And does it work with motherboards originally for Intel CPUs?

>Thanks
>  Dieter Hansen
>------------------

        Check www.pcmag.com for a full review of the processor..
(Pc Magazine)

Captain Slayer aka Luc Raymond

WEB SITE:www.sorel-tracy.qc.ca/~slayer/slayer.html
Web site availble in french or english (frames & no-frames versions)

Is AMD K6 cpu fully compatible to Intel MMX II - cpu?

Post by Matt McDevit » Sat, 05 Apr 1997 04:00:00

It works in most Pentium-class motherboards, as long as the voltage can be
set to what the AMD wants.

Matt

Quote:> I have heard the K6 should be even faster?!