Watcom C/C++ 10.5, some pointers, please

Watcom C/C++ 10.5, some pointers, please

Post by Seth M. Landsm » Sat, 23 Sep 1995 04:00:00

        Greets ...   I just recieved my copy of Watcom C/C++ 10.5.  I am
an experience game / graphics programming in C/C++, specificly djgpp and
Borland C.  Could someone point me to a FAQ or the like that would inform
me on what I should be doing differently from the previous compilers ...
i.e., what is the video address ...  Is sound coding any different, etc. ...

Clear Skies and Moe
        Seth

 "We pray for one last landing,
   On the globe that gave us birth;
    Let us rest our eyes on fleecy skies
     And the cool, green hills of Earth"
                        -Robert Anson Heinlein
                         "The Green Hills of Earth"

Watcom C/C++ 10.5, some pointers, please

Post by Jose Flore » Sat, 23 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>    Greets ...   I just recieved my copy of Watcom C/C++ 10.5.  I am
>an experience game / graphics programming in C/C++, specificly djgpp and
>Borland C.  Could someone point me to a FAQ or the like that would inform
>me on what I should be doing differently from the previous compilers ...
>i.e., what is the video address ...  Is sound coding any different, etc.

ftp to x2ftp.oulu.fi in the pub/msdos/programming/watcom dir i *think*
and lowe and behold there is a game programmers faq there.  calculating
the linear address for a DMA (sound) transfer is definately different and
if anyone knows how to do it please let me know or if anyone knows how to
link ASM with watcom...well, uh, let me know

--
http://www.asic.sc.ti.com/~jflore/whoami.html

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those
          who could not hear the music.