New Animation Construction Kit 3D (ACK 3D)

New Animation Construction Kit 3D (ACK 3D)

Post by Jouni Miettun » Tue, 01 Nov 1994 02:53:14



Hello world,

Just wanted to tell everybody the New ACK3D is available, after all 3D
is the hottest item at the moment:

x2ftp.oulu.fi:/pub/msdos/programming/libs/
nackeng.zip     New ACK3D Animation Construction Kit 3D engine - 386+ (asm/C)

x2ftp.oulu.fi:/pub/msdos/programming/misc/
nackdem.zip     Station Escape - ACK3D playable demo by Lary Myers

x2ftp.oulu.fi:/pub/msdos/programming/source/
nackdms.zip     Station Escape source - ACK3D demo by Lary Myers (C)
nackexp.zip     ACK3D example - move around in 3D world (C)

--jouni
--

** I do not represent Oulu university * all opinions mine only **
** x2ftp.oulu.fi * THE pc game graphics sound PROGRAMMING site **

 
 
 

New Animation Construction Kit 3D (ACK 3D)

Post by Fastgra » Wed, 02 Nov 1994 08:53:01



Quote:Miettunen) writes:
> Just wanted to tell everybody the New ACK3D is available, after all 3D
> is the hottest item at the moment:

That's wonderful! I didn't even know Lary Myers was working on that.
But I am not surprised. It is probably related to his new book, which
is called "Amazing 3-D Games Adventure Set". (It is another book in
the same series as my book).

Lary is a great guy. I think his book is going to be excellent.

Diana

 
 
 

New Animation Construction Kit 3D (ACK 3D)

Post by Shawn Knig » Thu, 03 Nov 1994 00:53:18




>Miettunen) writes:
>> Just wanted to tell everybody the New ACK3D is available, after all 3D
>> is the hottest item at the moment:
>That's wonderful! I didn't even know Lary Myers was working on that.
>But I am not surprised. It is probably related to his new book, which
>is called "Amazing 3-D Games Adventure Set". (It is another book in
>the same series as my book).
>Lary is a great guy. I think his book is going to be excellent.
>Diana

ahhh.. it's not so new.  I put that code on wustl a couple of weeks ago for
someone.  I got it from the net a year ago.   The file names are not
correct.  I just called it NACK when I put it on wustl.   Strange how this
code got lost for a year!

It's great though.  XMS support, sound support.  I hate the floor code, and
the engine can no longer look up and down like the older version of it.

 
 
 

New Animation Construction Kit 3D (ACK 3D)

Post by Ken Lemieu » Fri, 04 Nov 1994 00:49:47


Lary hasn't released anything new.  He's saving everything for
his new book.  With a little luck he will include the demo
version of my new game, Slob Zone 3D, on the included CD-ROM. :)

BTW, just got your new book, Action Arcade Adventure Set and I
think it's great.  The tile ripper idea would have never occurred
to me in a million years.  I bet it is still hard to make artwork
for but hey it's a step forward.

 
 
 

New Animation Construction Kit 3D (ACK 3D)

Post by Paul Garce » Thu, 03 Nov 1994 23:47:39




>Subject: Re: New Animation Construction Kit 3D (ACK 3D)
>Date: Tue, 1 Nov 1994 15:53:18 GMT


>>Miettunen) writes:
>>> Just wanted to tell everybody the New ACK3D is available, after all 3D
>>> is the hottest item at the moment:
>>That's wonderful! I didn't even know Lary Myers was working on that.
>>But I am not surprised. It is probably related to his new book, which
>>is called "Amazing 3-D Games Adventure Set". (It is another book in
>>the same series as my book).
>>Lary is a great guy. I think his book is going to be excellent.
>>Diana
>ahhh.. it's not so new.  I put that code on wustl a couple of weeks ago for
>someone.  I got it from the net a year ago.   The file names are not
>correct.  I just called it NACK when I put it on wustl.   Strange how this
>code got lost for a year!
>It's great though.  XMS support, sound support.  I hate the floor code, and
>the engine can no longer look up and down like the older version of it.

              That 's great!  I've been looking for a construction sort of
some kind to begin my game generations.  With my background in C and C++ it
should be an easy thing to implement.  Also, the assembly (68k) background is
very helpful.

              At any rate, since I am new to the net, I am not sure where I
might find the code or what I would need to implement it, if anything.  I am
under the impression that I will need to purchase another software development
kit from someone.  If that is the case, then I would appreciate any and all
input regarding what are the fastest, easiest and cheapest  packages for
developing this stuff.  It may be that I can get Borland C++.  I am also
considering Virtual C++ if it is available.

             For those that need to know, I am running a PC clone platform
(486/33Mhz) and am expecting to purchase Amiga 4000 as my main
development platform in the future (more appropriate to game systems such as
Sega and SNES).  I am expecting to make available CD games for
at least the Sega if not for the IBM PC (a poor choice for CD Rom development
in my opinion).  My preference is to stay away from the MS-Dos oriented Op
Systems.  Sega and I are already discussing the ramifications :)...

            I'll be looking forward to your feedback.

                                                 Thanks,

                                                       Paul