S3 Virge Bug?

Post by Roy Xi » Wed, 22 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I own a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 which is based on the S3 Virge chip.  I

bought this card in the middle of an game development project.  After
installing it and running my game something unexpected happened.  The
screen would sometimes flicker if I scrolled (the game is a 2D scrolling

shooter) to a certain region of video memory.  My game uses Mode-X

(320x240x256).  Now, is this a S3 Virge bug or is my board defective?

If anybody encounters the same problem with your card and knows of a way

around it please reply.