Help in programming.

Post by Michael ki » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hello any one out there.

Ok I am a short lived programmer. Just started to read books and learned.
I got a bit of dos programming and know it ok enough to make something
simple.
I also tried learning windows programming and was in the middle of it.
I got tierd of it and left programming for a while.

Now i'm back and looking for some help.

I want to be a game programmer?
Should I stick With C ?

I really need someone that is willing to help out so thanks
--
-

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/9378

1. 3D Studio MAX Plug-Ins - "Facemap" problem

Hi!

I've written a 3D Studio Max plug-in for the company I work for. It is
used to export the Max models into a format we can use in our own 3D
renderer.

I've been successful with exporting UV mapping information if the
model has been mapped using "UVW" mapping, and the textures come out
exactly as is seen in Max.

However, if the mapping has been done with "face-map" (it is next to
"two-side" on the material editor), then the UV mapping information
comes out incorrect. (The mapping UV's appear to map to 1/3 of the
actual texture).

Has anyone had any success with extracting the correct UV's when
"face-map" is used for mapping?

Is there a way to convert "face-map" UV mapping to UVW mapping using
the Max SDK?

If you can help me, please contact me via e-mail, I'd be grateful for
any help you can offer.

Kev

2. Control of protocols access at different times

3. WANTED: *.ROL format *.INS format *.BNK format

4. Make a .PL script file executable

5. *.INS, *.BNK file formats

6. DNS Cached Lookups on DNS Server

7. OK, now I just need *.INS and *.BNK format

8. Printing Home Inventory Worksheet Report in Money Deluxe 2005

9. - HELP - HELP - i need a littel program...

10. Virus Help Help Help Help

11. HELP HELP HELP! PCX in SVGA modes!

12. need help with 3d game engine programming

13. Help: C or C++ books for starting games programming