Pinball simulation

Post by clameate » Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:01:59

Hi,

I've been toying with the idea of writing a pinball simulation for a long
time now, and I think I finally want to take the plunge and do it.

Where can I read up on the physics I'll need to employ? Does anyone know a
bit about this topic so they can tell me what I need to model, and what I
get away without modeling, etc?

Pinball simulation

Post by Helmut Wabni » Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:07:58

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:01:59 GMT, clameater

>Hi,

>I've been toying with the idea of writing a pinball simulation for a long
>time now, and I think I finally want to take the plunge and do it.

>Where can I read up on the physics I'll need to employ? Does anyone know a
>bit about this topic so they can tell me what I need to model, and what I
>get away without modeling, etc?

Click on the START button, lower left on your screen,
then move the mouse cursor up 3 fields, click,
then type into the edit field: pinball
and watch

w.

Pinball simulation

Post by Bob Palan » Fri, 14 May 2004 04:21:10

I think microsoft had a great pinball game that came free with a previous
version of the OS.
Bob

Quote:> Hi,

> I've been toying with the idea of writing a pinball simulation for a long
> time now, and I think I finally want to take the plunge and do it.

> Where can I read up on the physics I'll need to employ? Does anyone know a
> bit about this topic so they can tell me what I need to model, and what I
> get away without modeling, etc?

1. How'd they make Pinball Dreams & similar games?

A (hopefully) simple request: Could someone please clue
me in on how they made the venerable Pinball Dreams and
its sequels? I don't care about scrolling. What I want to
know is how they store the playfield and do collision
detection, how to figure out if you're on a steep ramp and
need to slow down, etc.

Chronically Curious
Alan

2. Motherboard speeds on 7200s?

3. Pinball Programming

4. BlobMid() problems?

5. Pinball game

6. STK 9712-001 interface

7. Pinball: Ball Reflection Question

8. Win2000 pro freezing

9. windows pinball help

10. Req: Pinball Physics information

11. Pinball algorithm needed

12. Collision detection for pinball game

13. programming a pinball...