ANNOUNCE: New Ca3D-Engine demo available, featuring radiosity based LightMap- and skeleton based model-rendering

ANNOUNCE: New Ca3D-Engine demo available, featuring radiosity based LightMap- and skeleton based model-rendering

Post by Carsten Fuch » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 04:14:05

Hello

The new Windows 9x/OpenGL demo version of
Carsten's 3D Engine (Ca3DE)
is finally available for download!   :-)

Look at
http://www.veryComputer.com/
for downloads and detailed information.

Ca3DE (Carsten's 3D Engine) is a real-time 3D engine.
The latest enhancements include radiosity based lightmap rendering
as well as skeleton based model rendering.

Other features include:
- BSP / PVS / Portal rendering achieves a _high_ framerate
- OpenGL hardware accelerated rendering
- TrueColor Texture Mapping
- Naturally aligned textures
- MipMap application
- Linear filtering for both minification and magnification
- Z-Buffer
- 6 degrees of freedom
- Console for in-game configuration
- DirectInput 7.0 keyboard input
- Natural player movement (clipping and world physics)

The installation is very simple,
it's just downloading, unzipping, and double-clicking.

I'd be very happy if you sent me short email reports
how (or if at all ;) Ca3DE ran on your system,
how fast it was (how many FPS?) and which hardware
and software (OS) you are using.

Only one thing to mention: Ca3Dgl does currently
not support Voodoo 1 oder Voodoo 2 accelerator boards.
Their drivers are different, and while work-arounds
exist, they are not really easy to apply.

Many thanks in advance, and I hope you enjoy Ca3DE.  :)

Best,
Carsten

Important note: This post is not a commercial adverti*t.
It is an announcement. My sole intention is to give you some
information about Ca3DE, which I developed in my free time.

I'm mentioning this because when I last announced a new
version of Ca3DE, somebody thought it was an adverti*t,
and reported this to my ISP, who in turn told me not to post
commercial ads again...
Pretty silly stuff, if you ask me.
I am sorry if you consider posts like these off-topic - I don't.
Please look at my homepage and Ca3DE, and you'll figure that
this is not off-topic at all.
If you still disagree, please simply ignore this post
or contact me personally.
I'm a bit disgruntled that apparently some people have nothing
better to do than watch and report others to lawyers,
ISPs and so on because they feel themselves as law-and-order
keepers.
I am sorry again if you are not this kind of people.  :-)

Ca3D - Engine    http://www.veryComputer.com/
Carsten Fuchs    http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. ANNOUNCE: New Juggernaut Corps Game Demo Available for Download

Shepherd's Worlds, Inc. is proud to announce the demo version of its new
game Juggernaut Corps: First Assault.

Give it a try and let us know what you think.  The beta got some great
reviews from Happy Puppy, Next Generation, MSN, Game Nexus, Hot Games,
etc.  The production demo version includes updated graphics, sound
effects, game play, control setup, new weapons and new enemies.

Download it from the following sites:

ftp://ftp1.juggernautcorps.com/pub/game2/jcorpsnodx.exe

or

ftp://ftp2.juggernautcorps.com/pub/game2/jcorpsnodx.exe

or

http://www.juggernautcorps.com

You can also Join the Juggernaut Corps and get a chance at a killer
black Juggernaut Corps T-Shirt at our web site
http://www.juggernautcorps.com.

We are having monthly drawings for free t-shirts...

Thanks for your input!

Aaron Shepherd
CEO
Shepherd's Worlds, Inc.

2. AUCTION 1 - Update (8th Sep 96) - Part 1

3. Tile Based vs Non Tile Based

4. Will beta testers get an update?

5. Character Animation using Character Studio based models.

6. fdisk from OS/2 2.1

7. Twin Cities-based artist needed for demo

8. Psi-Mail Internet - Does anyone have a prv for Netcom in USA?

9. DDraw slow for tile-based engine?

10. Tile based engine - WTB/Steal ;)

11. Tile Based Graphics Engine

12. Info on PC based 3D game engines?

13. ANNOUNCE: Leveller 1.0 demo available