Problems compiling VC++ 5 DirectX examples

Problems compiling VC++ 5 DirectX examples

Post by remove the underscores » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi all

I dont have a lot of background with VC++ and have difficulty linking
the examples, e.g. DDEX1, DDEX2, etc.
The compile goes OK, but the link gives an error: unresolved externals:

I have not been able to get any of the examples to work, except of
course if I run the pre-compiled version.
It is probably something silly that I have overlooked, but I have spent
3 evenings so far and will appreciate any help.

Andr van Wyk

Post by Robert Blu » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>I dont have a lot of background with VC++ and have difficulty linking
>the examples, e.g. DDEX1, DDEX2, etc.
>The compile goes OK, but the link gives an error: unresolved externals:

Include DDRAW.LIB as well as DXGUID.LIB in your project. That should solve
your problem.

Bye,
  Robert

Problems compiling VC++ 5 DirectX examples

Post by Robert Blu » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>I dont have a lot of background with VC++ and have difficulty linking
>the examples, e.g. DDEX1, DDEX2, etc.
>The compile goes OK, but the link gives an error: unresolved externals:

Include DDRAW.LIB as well as DXGUID.LIB in your project. That should solve
your problem.

Bye,
  Robert

Problems compiling VC++ 5 DirectX examples

Post by Dino Morel » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Make sure you include these libs in your linker settings:

ddraw.lib dxguid.lib d3drm.lib

and also that you have the dxsdk\sdk\inc\ and dxsdk\sdk\lib\ dirs in
your directory search lists. Make sure these are at the top or you may
get dorky old versions of them that shipped with VC.

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 12:29:12 +0200, "remove the underscores!"

>Hi all

>I dont have a lot of background with VC++ and have difficulty linking
>the examples, e.g. DDEX1, DDEX2, etc.
>The compile goes OK, but the link gives an error: unresolved externals:

>I have not been able to get any of the examples to work, except of
>course if I run the pre-compiled version.
>It is probably something silly that I have overlooked, but I have spent
>3 evenings so far and will appreciate any help.

>Andr van Wyk

1. Problems with Compiling DirectX SDK Examples

I seem to be missing some of the header files I need to compile the
examples that came with the DirectX SDK.  They seem like things that
should have come with the SDK.  Some of the files include d3dcom.h and
subwtype.h.  Anyone else have these problems or know what I am doing
wrong.  Also what is the deal with the makefiles being named makefile and
having mk extensions my compiler (Visual C++ 2.0 yeah I know its old)
doesnt recognize them it wants .mak files.  I am a bit confused and
baffled so any advice would be appreciated...
 Thanks - Rich

2. 4.11 or NT ??

3. Problems with compiling the DirectX examples...

4. Code compiling

5. I can't get any DirectX examples to compile!

6. Is xml case sensitive?

7. DirectX compiling problems....

8. How to disable the authentication?

9. VC Debugger + DirectX Problem

10. DirectX - Visual C++ 4.0 compile problem

11. Example code from book will not compile

12. VC++,how to make this work -- donut examples from DX3

13. Help Compiling "Tricks of the game programming gurus" Examples