68k disassembler? / Informations about Opcodes?

68k disassembler? / Informations about Opcodes?

Post by Daniel Kreutze » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking for a disassembler for the Motorola MC68020 / MC68882.
It would be perfect if it handles S-Records.

If such a program doesn't exists, I have to write...

And therefore:
I'm also looking for information about the opcodes...

Thanks a lot!

Daniel

Post by Tom Wats » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> I'm looking for a disassembler for the Motorola MC68020 / MC68882.
> It would be perfect if it handles S-Records.

> If such a program doesn't exists, I have to write...

> And therefore:
> I'm also looking for information about the opcodes...

> Thanks a lot!

The easiest way to get all the op code information is to order the
programmers reference manual.  To do so, crank up your browser and go to:
http://mot-sps.com/home/lit_ord.html
and ask for:
M68000PM/AD
No more, no less.  It has all the opcodes and bit patterns up thru 68040's
and CPU32 instructions (including floating point).

Probably a good starting point for a lot of requests.  Just be sure to
have the proper document number at hand.

--

Post by Trevor R.H. Clark » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> I'm looking for a disassembler for the Motorola MC68020 / MC68882.
> It would be perfect if it handles S-Records.

> If such a program doesn't exists, I have to write...

> And therefore:
> I'm also looking for information about the opcodes...

> Thanks a lot!

> Daniel

If your 68k system is a unix or similar system, you can use gdb(even
works on some embedded systems)..if not, all the opcodes are listed in
the 68xxx users manual. Get a copy from your local Motorola distributor
or direct from Motorola(they are free). Or www.sps-mot.com should have
it on line in pdf and ps format.
--
Trevor R.H. Clarke
Computer Science House

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~retrev/

68k disassembler? / Informations about Opcodes?

Post by Pierre Vandeven » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm looking for a disassembler for the Motorola MC68020 / MC68882.
>It would be perfect if it handles S-Records.

We support all that, and much more. Have a look at

http://www.datarescue.com/ida.htm

---
Pierre Vandevenne, MD - http://www.datarescue.com
IDA Pro 3.7 adds multi pass analysis, stack variables, symbolic constants,
unicode, ELF support, color highlighting,  C++ name demangling to compiler
library recognition - IDA Pro 3.7 : a stunning disassembler !

Post by Andreas Schwa » Sat, 21 Mar 1998 04:00:00

|> I'm looking for a disassembler for the Motorola MC68020 / MC68882.
|> It would be perfect if it handles S-Records.

objdump from the GNU binutils, also supports S-records.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something

1. request online list of opcodes for 68K processors

 Could someone kindly post / email-me a list of opcodes for the 68K
 (68040 would be optimal). I am looking for no great detail, just a
 list defining the instructions - though lot's of detail would be
 welcome. I am looking for an online, handy reference.

2. FS: Sun Sparc LX, 96MB/4.5GB with 17" Monitor

3. 68K opcodes

4. Warning!!!--Fixing Scratched Disc's

5. request online list of opcodes for 68K processors

6. Problems with MATLAB Compiler

7. CPM 68k object module format information wanted.

8. Problems of Dougmenu in Windows95

9. 68k disassembler SIMPLE

10. 68k disassembler summary

11. 68K Disassembler that reads S-records.

12. 68k disassembler for PC

13. Free binary 68K disassembler