Migrate from 68332 to ColdFire

Post by Yaak » Tue, 27 May 2003 15:51:28

68332 has SIM and TPU (among other goodies). Which ColdFire chips have
equivalent (or better)?

Post by MUD » Wed, 28 May 2003 02:32:47

> 68332 has SIM and TPU (among other goodies). Which ColdFire chips have
> equivalent (or better)?

How compatible is the coldfire with the 68040?

Migrate from 68332 to ColdFire

Post by Leopold Faschale » Wed, 28 May 2003 16:31:09

Quote:> 68332 has SIM and TPU (among other goodies). Which ColdFire chips have
> equivalent (or better)?

possibly the MCF5232 which is coming at the end of the year.

greetings Leo

Post by Yaak » Thu, 29 May 2003 17:00:52

> possibly the MCF5232 which is coming at the end of the year.

> greetings Leo

Leo,

Thanks for the info. Where can I get specs on the chip. I had a
miserable time finding at Motorola's Web SIte and there it was just on
a road map with no other details.

TIA
Yaakov

Migrate from 68332 to ColdFire

Post by Leopold Faschale » Thu, 29 May 2003 18:44:01

Quote:

> > possibly the MCF5232 which is coming at the end of the year.

> > greetings Leo

> Leo,

> Thanks for the info. Where can I get specs on the chip. I had a
> miserable time finding at Motorola's Web SIte and there it was just on
> a road map with no other details.

there seems to be no official documentation, I heard from it from some
moto tech people, but they gave me no detailed information.
so I think we have to wait ... :-(

Quote:

> TIA
> Yaakov

greetings Leo

1. Questions about Porting and Migrating

       What do you need to know when porting code or
       migrating a site to a new operating system or version?

We're designing porting/migration guides for UNIX System V Release 4
and are gathering information on what engineers, programmers, and
system administrators need to know when porting/migrating.

Standard porting/migration documentation tells you "what is different"
in the OS you are moving to. For example, UNIX porting guides list the
differences among system calls, libraries, and commands across versions
and flavors of UNIX. We'd like to learn what *ELSE* you need to make
the transition easier.

If you have insight or experiences in porting/migrating that you'd like
to share, we'd like to hear them. Some questions to consider:

 - What platforms have you ported/migrated from and to?

 - Is there a process you followed? That is, what tasks
   did you perform? Is the sequence of tasks consistent?

 - What information did you need before starting the transition?
   What did you need during the tasks? Where did you find the information?

 - What information was not documented, but would have made your
   tasks easier?

Please respond by email to either address listed below. We'll post
a summary of the information that we receive.

Thank you very much for your time and help!

Lori Stertzbach                 Laurie Melson

                  Motorola Computer Group
                  Urbana Design Center

2. IDL FAQ A

3. 68332 Proto Project Bugs

4. Navigation System

5. Gcc cross compiler for ColdFire

6. CW7 compiling TK4.1a2

7. 68332, HP emulation probe, debug (and XRAY) problems

8. Help: 68332 Exception Stack Frame

9. 68332 interrupt handling

10. 68332 Memory Configuration Question

11. 68332 base board

12. FreeBSD and gdb interface to 68332 Background Debugger Mode