PB180 HFS to G3 HFS+ OSX support

Post by Ken Zakresk » Sat, 20 Sep 2003 05:55:47

J & W Ray in OSX Unleased second edition state that OSX will allow
initializing disks in other file systems then UFS and HFS+. It does not go
on to say how to do this. I would like to add HFS support on a 1 gig
partition currently in use on my 14 gig HD. I have the partition currently
as HFS+.  I am willing to erase, reformat and restore OSX on the whole
drive, if I have to, but would prefer to just reformat the 1 gig partition
HFS.

The problem is I can't ftp the HFS+ files from my OSX box to my PB180. I can
connect and mount in Fetch 3.0.3 (not AppleShare) using a Dayna Pocket
SCSI/10bT and 7.5.3 rev2 on a pb180 12/160.

Other then using ditto when remotely connected no other work arounds seem
obvious.

What can I do to be able to preserve the resource fork on the OSX (HFS+) to
OS7.5.3r2 (HFS) systems. And why doesn't AppleShare stay connected?

Ken

1. HDLC support with 68332??

Dear Net Wizards:

Can anyone get me started with implementing a unique data communications
interface with a 68332?

This interface will use bi-phase space modulation, with a transition at
the beginning of every bit period and a second transition in the middle
of '0' bits.  The data rate is fixed at less than 100kbps.

The protocol is HDLC, which relies on a fixed "flag sequence" to mark the
beginning of a data frame and includes a CRC check on the data.  A previous
implementation of this system used an 85C30 SCC to handle the interface,
but we need to reduce the component count.  The new implementation will
have a 68332 (firm decision for other reasons), RAM, ROM and an ASIC.  The
ASIC can help with the serial link but I'd like to put as much of it as
possible in the '332.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, even "RTFM!" if you tell me the name
of the FM.

Thanks,
Joe

--
Joe Hass               | library clever_sigs;          | My opinions are my own

Sandia National Labs   | use lineprinter.art.ALL;      |   not the DOE's

2. HELP - NEC Postscript Printer

3. motorola support for vme products

4. Excel trouble with "TREND" function

5. ICE/68332 with proper C++ language support?

6. apply local policies to all users except admin

7. Small C run-time support

8. Hangul & Internet in Korea (Contents)

9. Is it possible to use Intel support

10. motorolo university support

11. Motorola Student Support?

12. 68K support