mvme162p-334 exception: parity error external message

mvme162p-334 exception: parity error external message

Post by no.. » Mon, 15 Sep 2003 07:28:07

My mvme162p-344 is generating "exception: parity error (external)".  Any
ideas??  I checked the debug documentation and could only find "parity
error" but not "parity error external".

This error occurs randomly after my program has been running from anytime
between 1 and 20 minutes.

I ran all memory diagnostics via 162DIAG and they all passed.

Thanks in advance.

Duane

mvme162p-334 exception: parity error external message

Post by no.. » Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:34:40

I have solved my own problem.  The problem was my program set the "enable
parity interrupt" bit on the VMEchip2.  The documentation says the bit is
not used for the 162 board.  I would have preferred that if the bit is not
used that their should be no ill effects if you happen to try and use it but
that's not the case.

Also the "enable abort interrupt" on the VMEchip2 is also not used on the
162 and my guess would be that you shouldn't enable it either else you might
suffer the same intermittent interrupt problem.

These boards use the new ASIC that replace some chips that were used on the
original 162 boards.

Happy coding!!!

Duane

1. Help: 68k Bus Error exception handling

Hi all,

I am currently learning how to program a MC68302 (with a 68k core) and was
wondering if there is an elegant way of handling Bus Error exceptions. The
68k core flags a Bus Error when it detects an out of bounds memory access. I
was thinking of using this to detect whether a card is inserted into the
backplane bus (and consequently the CPU memory space). The code would plug
the Bus Error handling routine with a temporary handler that would cause
the program restore the original handler and jump to another sub-routine. I
have seen some examples of this in books and was wondering how safe it is
considering that the 68000 User's Manual states that the 68k cannot safely
resume from a Bus Error (unlike the MC68010).

I would like to hear any comments or pointers or even other solutions to
this. Thanks in advance.

David Boudville

2. HAIR LOSS?....MINOXIDIL USERS?

3. Format Error Exception

4. dwg editing

5. 68030 Bus Error Exception Handling

6. odbc,msvc 4.2 and LONG RAW's : problem with PUTDATA

7. Bus Error Exception Handler

8. Check out ADF recources

9. What is "AC Fail" exception error on the MC68332?

10. Computing parity in software

11. MC68322 Scheduler and Message Queue

12. Help me, who read the message "no coprocessor found"

13. message test