Where to order a 68HC11 evaluation board

Where to order a 68HC11 evaluation board

Post by Russe895 » Fri, 26 Aug 1994 09:07:04

I've seen a few posts here regarding the 68HC11 microcontroller, and my
curiosity has been raised a bit. I'd like to get a little more familiar
with microcontrollers (Motorola's ones in particular, since I am also
learning assembler on a 680x0-based machine [it's not a Mac! :-]). I have
heard that Motorola offers an evaluation board that uses the 68HC11. Does
anybody know the address or phone number of the place where I can order
one?

Thanks... :-)

- Russ Barnett

Post by John Rold » Sat, 27 Aug 1994 00:46:35

: I've seen a few posts here regarding the 68HC11 microcontroller, and my
: curiosity has been raised a bit. I'd like to get a little more familiar
: with microcontrollers (Motorola's ones in particular, since I am also
: learning assembler on a 680x0-based machine [it's not a Mac! :-]). I have
: heard that Motorola offers an evaluation board that uses the 68HC11. Does
: anybody know the address or phone number of the place where I can order
: one?

: Thanks... :-)

: - Russ Barnett
You might want to check out third party offerings if you're talking $100
or lsess range.  In comp.robotics, there are continuing offerings of the
"miniboard" which is a 6811 based board with only the internal memory of
the 6811 (single chip mode) but with motor driver ics regulators and
conectors for < $40 and on a business card sized board.  Tons of software
and sundries related to it are on cher.media.mit.edu, including artwork
if you can make your own pc board.  It was designed by fred martin of mit
for miniature robots, and is being enhanced and is very popular.

I bought a 6811 F1 board from Coactive Aesthetics afor $110 and have been
reasonably happy as a hobbyist/student.  It is 8mhz with a non
multuplexed bus, unlike most of the 6811 parts.  It has 32k rom 32kram.

check out comp.robotics for miniboard mail order offerings, one that I am
aware of is "SDRFT" (software done right the first time), the guy's name
is Mark reaves, i suggest posting to comp.robotics to get his current
email address.

As for Coactive Aesthetics, I don't have their number handy, but they and
other 6811 board vendors can be found in the back pages of "Computer
Applications Journal"

1. 68hc11 evaluation board wanted

I am looking for a 68hc11 evaluation board that contains a 68hc11, RAM, EPROM
(or e**2ROM) and an rs232 port. Ideally it would also have a breadboarding
area too, and to be ever further specific, it needs to support the 68hc11E9.
Finally it would be nice if it were cheap too!

Of course having a development environment is essential, and if it runs on a mac
all the better, but a PC based development environment is acceptable.

If anyone has one or can help please contact me.

--

(415) 903-3832 wk                                         (408) 253 4541 fax

"Your mind is so narrow, it's  no surprise, if you fell on a pin
you'd be blind in both eyes"       -John Kay ca. 1967

2. Problems when using distributed SQL??

3. evaluation boards or trainers

4. Bad Sector Question

5. 68EN360 Evaluation board

6. PLASMATRON, Flat TV Panel Display for Large Screens

7. need 68332 evaluation board

8. CORBA Query Service

9. Evaluation board for Dragonball 68328

10. Information Needed on Evaluation Boards

11. Looking for M68332 Evaluation Board/Kit

12. Q> 68307 Evaluation Board