UNIX boot disk?

Post by Mart » Tue, 16 Sep 2003 00:30:09

Can anyone give me a link to some floppy images i can just dd and have
something workable for my old m68ks macs?

I cant play withe teh special formats, not alot is working. Some of
mine dont have a OS at all. Im hoping for a straight image i can use
to install something like NetBSD on them. Ill be happy with any
though, feel free to toss in another.

Thanks

UNIX boot disk?

Post by Marcelo Samsoni » Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:42:58

if you want to install netbsd in your harddisk, you must have
a small macos partition with "Booter", because the mac's ROM will
refuse to boot from any unix partition.

to download Booter, check:

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6.1/mac68k/installation/misc

for more information:

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6.1/mac68k/INSTALL.html

good hacking!

        marcelo samsoniuk

> Can anyone give me a link to some floppy images i can just dd and have
> something workable for my old m68ks macs?

> I cant play withe teh special formats, not alot is working. Some of
> mine dont have a OS at all. Im hoping for a straight image i can use
> to install something like NetBSD on them. Ill be happy with any
> though, feel free to toss in another.

> Thanks

1. Disk Mirroring for Motorola Unix VME Bus Systems

Dear colleagues,
we are looking for ways to do disk mirroring with
Motorola Unix VME bus systems (risc and cisc).

The disks should be standard SCSI drives, standard Motorola
hard- and software should be used as far as possible (a non
Motorola mirroring controller would be ok of course).

2 years ago Motorola presented us with a software solution (implemented
at the Unix kernel level as I understand; I was not with this
company at that time), which degraded overall system performance
inacceptably.

Judging from Motorola product information the situation seems unchanged.
Checking the VITA catalogue brought no results (I may have overlooked someth.).
Disk mirroring being a standard feature in eg the SunSparc and even the
PC areas I still hope for solutions in this case.

Thanks for any pointers or opinions, Hans Mau.

2. Scanner, large format, wanted

3. Disk prepping help on Moto VME Delta system

4. Get Paid to Surf? Yup its real!

5. New WWW site (OS-9 Tools, OS-9 Disk on PC)

6. Color Laserjet 8500

7. Troubles with my disk drive.

8. Help!!!! HP 722C

9. hard disk controller info

10. Disk utilities

11. Help -- Using IPI-2 Controller and Disk under SysV68

12. SCSI Disks on Delta 3000s

13. Reading PC floppy Disks on H8 Micro