Keep The SEGWAY Off Our Sidewalks & Streets! ------ #randum

Post by Nick Cas » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:05:22

Quote:> Noting good can come from this new personal transpiration device. It will only serve
> to make Americans FATTER  than they already are, by reducing exercise.
> Just what this critically obese society needs now, right?

> In addition, it will create hazards and annoyances on our sidewalks.  Even if we
> restrict it to streets (assuming such rules could be enforced), it will slow traffic
> and cause hazards there as well.

> Let's take this singular opportunity to head this quality-of-life disaster off at the pass!
> Contact your elected representatives and tell them to restrict this useless, indulgent
> device to PRIVATE PROPERTY ONLY.

What bullshit.  Wozniak has one of these things (he's always on it, and
when not on it, it's riding in his Humvee) and he hasn't managed to get
any FATTER.

Post by ZnU » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:33:03

> > Noting good can come from this new personal transpiration device.
> > It will only serve to make Americans FATTER  than they already are,
> > by reducing exercise.  Just what this critically obese society
> > needs now, right?

> > In addition, it will create hazards and annoyances on our
> > sidewalks.  Even if we restrict it to streets (assuming such rules
> > could be enforced), it will slow traffic and cause hazards there as
> > well.

> > Let's take this singular opportunity to head this quality-of-life
> > disaster off at the pass! Contact your elected representatives and
> > tell them to restrict this useless, indulgent device to PRIVATE
> > PROPERTY ONLY.

> What bullshit.  Wozniak has one of these things (he's always on it,
> and when not on it, it's riding in his Humvee) and he hasn't managed
> to get any FATTER.

Bush falls off a Segway:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030612/170/4dnhg.html...

--
"First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just
because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill."

Post by n.. » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:37:04

> > Noting good can come from this new personal transpiration device. It will
> > only serve
> > to make Americans FATTER  than they already are, by reducing exercise.
> > Just what this critically obese society needs now, right?

> > In addition, it will create hazards and annoyances on our sidewalks.  Even
> > if we
> > restrict it to streets (assuming such rules could be enforced), it will
> > slow traffic
> > and cause hazards there as well.

> > Let's take this singular opportunity to head this quality-of-life disaster
> > off at the pass!
> > Contact your elected representatives and tell them to restrict this
> > useless, indulgent
> > device to PRIVATE PROPERTY ONLY.

> What bullshit.  Wozniak has one of these things (he's always on it, and
> when not on it, it's riding in his Humvee) and he hasn't managed to get
> any FATTER.

Think of it as step arobics!

Up, dow, up, down ...