Fbug?

Post by michael smit » Sat, 02 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I'm tinkering with an old 68K-based board I've had here for a
while, relearning how frustrating it can be boostrapping a
monitor 8(

I have an old fbug archive kicking around (fbug68k.arc) which
was kindly mutilated by someone on its way onto the old
Motorola Freeware site.  Their new web-based *
makes no admission to fbug at all, offering instead what
purports to be the old Tutor monitor (but is actually an
archive containing a pile of MSDOS Modula-2 source code.)

All I am looking for is a copy of fbug that can be built for
the 68K, preferably in unmutilated form (filenames intact,
unpatched for any "special" purposes), and if available,
any anecdotes from anyone who has used it in a situation where
the PROM on the board is hardwired at 0.

Ta.
Mike

Fbug?

Post by George C. Lindau » Mon, 04 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I fyou want I have a 68K de* like DOS debug... it only needs two
functions defined for input and output.  Sorry, no fancy disk handling
and stuff but it DOES do disassembly.  its PIC code so as long as you
can get it up somewhere in memory it doesn't care.

David
:
: I have an old fbug archive kicking around (fbug68k.arc) which
: was kindly mutilated by someone on its way onto the old
: Motorola Freeware site.  Their new web-based *
: makes no admission to fbug at all, offering instead what
: purports to be the old Tutor monitor (but is actually an
: archive containing a pile of MSDOS Modula-2 source code.)
:
: All I am looking for is a copy of fbug that can be built for
: the 68K, preferably in unmutilated form (filenames intact,
: unpatched for any "special" purposes), and if available,
: any anecdotes from anyone who has used it in a situation where
: the PROM on the board is hardwired at 0.
:
: Ta.
: Mike

Fbug?

Post by Werner KLINGE » Wed, 06 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>All I am looking for is a copy of fbug that can be built for
>the 68K, preferably in unmutilated form (filenames intact,

Have a look on following FTP servers:

ftp.cnr.it
             /pub/micros/motorola/m68k
Files: fbug.arc, fbug68k.arc, 185KB each

ftp.luth.se
             /pub/misc/motorola/m68k
File: fbug68k.arc, 130KB

Other FTP contain the FBUG file (use [x]archie to get them).

Werner KLINGER.

Fbug?

Post by Rudhuwan Abu Bak » Fri, 08 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>Have a look on following FTP servers:

>ftp.cnr.it
>             /pub/micros/motorola/m68k
>Files: fbug.arc, fbug68k.arc, 185KB each

>ftp.luth.se
>             /pub/misc/motorola/m68k
>File: fbug68k.arc, 130KB

>Other FTP contain the FBUG file (use [x]archie to get them).

>Werner KLINGER.

ok..i got a question...

how can we read a file with *.arc???? is this a compressed file?what kind
of format is it?

And by the way..I got a hex file in 68000 code.Is there exist a
disassembler so i can study the assembly code?And freeware version is
good enough.

tq for your time and help..

looking forward for a response.

duan

Fbug?

Post by Aaron Quan » Sat, 09 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>>Have a look on following FTP servers:

>>ftp.cnr.it
>>             /pub/micros/motorola/m68k
>>Files: fbug.arc, fbug68k.arc, 185KB each

>>ftp.luth.se
>>             /pub/misc/motorola/m68k
>>File: fbug68k.arc, 130KB

>>Other FTP contain the FBUG file (use [x]archie to get them).

>>Werner KLINGER.
>ok..i got a question...
>how can we read a file with *.arc???? is this a compressed file?what kind
>of format is it?
>And by the way..I got a hex file in 68000 code.Is there exist a
>disassembler so i can study the assembly code?And freeware version is
>good enough.
>tq for your time and help..
>looking forward for a response.
>duan

Look on the web for a file called PK361.EXE. This is the old ORIGINAL
ARCive program.

Fbug?

Post by Werner KLINGE » Wed, 13 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>how can we read a file with *.arc???? is this a compressed file?what kind
>of format is it?

Under DOS (or with WinZip) you need something like pkunpak.
Under Linux, you need arc (found on the Linux CD).

Note1: All versions of FBUG.ARC I found contain long
filenames compressed to MSDOS format. To use it, I had
to expand (and guess !) as to convert to lowercase the filenames.
I don't know if there is another version of this archive, or
if the ARC-format support long filename (used by UNIX and Win95).

Note2: I wasn't  able to use directly the files from
the fbug.arc achive, because the line delimitor was a
CR (carriage return), and the DOS2UNIX programs I have don't handle
this problem (they are looking for CR+LF !). Wether DOS nor
Unix is able to handle this kind of text file (what it is ???).
Hint: use a Wordprocessor find/replace to convert the files.

If you need, I can put the converted and filename expanded files
in ZIP-format in this newsgroup, but you may wait several days...

Fbug?

Post by deannel.. » Thu, 14 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>Note2: I wasn't  able to use directly the files from
>the fbug.arc achive, because the line delimitor was a
>CR (carriage return), and the DOS2UNIX programs I have don't handle
>this problem (they are looking for CR+LF !). Wether DOS nor
>Unix is able to handle this kind of text file (what it is ???).
>Hint: use a Wordprocessor find/replace to convert the files.

Try loading the file into DOS EDIT and then save them!  I use this
sometimes as a "quick fix" when bringing files over from a Unix based
platform. DOS edit will convert and save them correctly.

Dean Nelson
Lockheed Martin
Las Vegas, Nv

Fbug?

Post by Werner KLINGE » Sat, 16 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>>Note2: I wasn't  able to use directly the files from
>>the fbug.arc achive, because the line delimitor was a
>>CR (carriage return), and the DOS2UNIX programs I have don't handle
>>this problem (they are looking for CR+LF !). Wether DOS nor

>Try loading the file into DOS EDIT and then save them!  I use this

Even this trick doesn't run in this special case ; I used this
too... but the file format ISN'T DOS nor UNIX. I've only found
the viewer of Windows Commander which was able to display the
file correctly (but only display !).

NOTE3: I've packed the converted files now, it's 129KB big, so
I can't put it in the newsgroup. If somebody wants it, I can
upload the Zipfile on his FTP-Site.

Fbug?

Post by Michael Eng » Fri, 22 Nov 1996 04:00:00

: >>Note2: I wasn't  able to use directly the files from
: >>the fbug.arc achive, because the line delimitor was a
: >>CR (carriage return), and the DOS2UNIX programs I have don't handle
: >>this problem (they are looking for CR+LF !). Wether DOS nor
: >
: >Try loading the file into DOS EDIT and then save them!  I use this

: Even this trick doesn't run in this special case ; I used this
: too... but the file format ISN'T DOS nor UNIX. I've only found
: the viewer of Windows Commander which was able to display the
: file correctly (but only display !).

Looks like Macintosh format. The Mac is the only system I know that uses
CR only.

: NOTE3: I've packed the converted files now, it's 129KB big, so
: I can't put it in the newsgroup. If somebody wants it, I can
: upload the Zipfile on his FTP-Site.

Fine. Please upload it to ftp://ftp.unix-ag.uni-siegen.de/incoming/

regards,

Fbug?

Post by Thomas Doerfl » Fri, 22 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>Looks like Macintosh format. The Mac is the only system I know that uses
>CR only.

The MAC isn't so alone in the world: The relatime operating system
OS/9 uses "CR only" for line endings aswell.
Bye, Thomas.

Thomas Doerfler           Elilandstrasse 12
D-81547 Muenchen          Germany

Fbug?

Post by David J. Halk » Fri, 22 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> : >>Note2: I wasn't  able to use directly the files from
> : >>the fbug.arc achive, because the line delimitor was a
> : >>CR (carriage return), and the DOS2UNIX programs I have don't handle
> : >>this problem (they are looking for CR+LF !). Wether DOS nor
> : >
> : >Try loading the file into DOS EDIT and then save them!  I use this

> : Even this trick doesn't run in this special case ; I used this
> : too... but the file format ISN'T DOS nor UNIX. I've only found
> : the viewer of Windows Commander which was able to display the
> : file correctly (but only display !).

> Looks like Macintosh format. The Mac is the only system I know that uses
> CR only.

Well, actually,

        Every operating system in existence with the notable exceptions
        of UNIX and DOS that I ever worked on terminated with CR's only.
        (I never knew a Mac did it too... interesting... I learn something
        new every day from the bright people on this new group...)

        If you have an OS-9 box (68K), there are plenty of utilities
        to convert this little guy...

        If you have access to a UNIX system, just pass as "tr" command
        over it. Most people I work with who have PC's have linux on a
        spare partition and could do it for you...

        You may try transferring the file, if it was a text file, using
        "ftp" with "ascii" on. This can sometimes swap the line terminators.

        (I hope when I hit this conversation in mid-stream that I did
        not miss something here... ;-) )

                                Dave Halko

Fbug?

Post by Michael Eng » Fri, 22 Nov 1996 04:00:00

: >Looks like Macintosh format. The Mac is the only system I know that uses
: >CR only.
: The MAC isn't so alone in the world: The relatime operating system
: OS/9 uses "CR only" for line endings aswell.

Heavens, how could I forget OS/9 ! hmmm, I haven't seen it since my
6809 days :-) ... I never used it on the 68k, though ...

regards,

1. FBUG port to gcc and gas

Is there anybody out there, who has a port of FBUG to gcc-2... and gas-2..?

--

c/o GMD-First  Berlin    | Yes, this is the sort of scenario I
O-1199 Berlin-Adlershof  | think up to amuse myself in the evenings.

2. Just some very basic questions.

3. Fbug (again)

4. ANSI escape code ques

5. Fbug for m68k

6. KEIL

7. Help building Motorola's fbug

8. HELP! Can I stop people from leeching my bandwidth?

9. problems assembling fbug

10. Wanted: FBUG include's